YCEA Welcomes New 2020 Board Members and Announces New Chairperson
The York County Economic Alliance (YCEA) is excited to welcome four new board members to its Board of Directors in 2020, and announce its new chairperson of the Board.
The YCEA Board of Directors will be chaired by William T. Yanavitch II, Chief Human Resources Officer for Kinsley Enterprises. His community service includes leadership as the chairman elect for the Cultural Alliance of York County, vice chairman for Penn Mar, and he serves as a Director on Wellspan’s York Health Foundation Board. Additionally, Bill serves as the immediate past Chairman of the Trustees for Junior Achievement of South Central PA, and formerly served as Chairman of the Tocqueville Society for the United Way of York.
“I am honored and humbled to accept the role of chair for this dynamic organization focused on economic growth by leveraging collaboration, resources and expertise to create sustainable prosperity for York County residents,” said Bill Yanavitch. “I’m following a wonderful leader in our past chairperson, and am grateful for her service. I look forward to working with our strong YCEA team and board to advance our mission.”
Bill succeeds Claire Forbush, Vice President of Commercial Business Banking with FNB Bank, who served her two-year term starting in 2018. She will remain on the Board for an additional two years as immediate past chair. Claire’s term concludes with over 20 years of commitment to the organization beginning as an ambassador for the Chamber. She was the first ever female chair of the YCEA (and the first British-born).
Under her leadership, the YCEA completed an inspirational strategic plan, achieved a successful affiliation with Downtown Inc, experienced exponential growth of the WBCO (Women’s Business Center Organization for women’s professional development, and created over $1B in economic activity for York County.
Joining the board are:
- Abe Amorós, President of Amorós Communication;
- Taylor Groff, CEO of Groff North America;
- Bev Mackereth, Penn State Executive in Resident & Consultant; and
- Commissioner-elect Julie Wheeler.
Abe Amorós of Amorós Communications.
- Abe was the first Latino elected official in York County when he was elected to York City Council.
- He went on to serve as Director of Community Development for the City of York under Mayor John Brenner.
- Abe served as a Press Secretary for Governor Ed Rendell.
- Most recently he worked for the Laborer’s International Union, and
- He now has his own consulting agency, is teaching adjunct at York College, and also serves on the Board of Directors for WellSpan Health and the Penn State University Board of Trustees.
Taylor Groff, CEO of Groff North America.
- Taylor is an agri-business executive and has led multiple companies through their start up phases and whose career experience includes sales, operations and finance.
- Taylor currently serves as Chief Executive Officer for Wyndridge Farm, a leader in the hospitality industry, located in Dallastown.
- Groff North America is an industrial hemp business with 100,000 square foot processing facility in Red Lion.
- Groff North America is certainly taking over York County, then Central PA and then North America
Bev Mackereth is currently the Executive in Residence at Penn State York and owner of Mackereth Consulting.
- Bev has served in multiple levels of government throughout her career.
- She is the former PA Secretary of Public Welfare under Governor Tom Corbett,
- She served in the PA House representing the 196th Legislative District.
- She was the director of the York County’s Human Services Department.
- Bev got her start as Mayor of Spring Grove!
Commissioner-elect Julie Wheeler is a life-long York Countian graduating from Dallastown High School.
- She began her career working at Adhesives Research.
- She then went to work for GE (General Electric), where spent over 23 years overseeing the medical device business segment.
- She has served on boards for the YWCA, The Children’s Home of York, and was among the founding members of YorIT and a member of the Women’s Giving Circle.
- She was just elected as the top vote getter for County Commissioner and will be sworn in in just a few short weeks!
“We are honored to welcome this dynamic slate of leaders to our Board of Directors,” said Kevin Schreiber, President & CEO of the YCEA. “Each brings a unique perspective and set of talents to lead our organization in continuing to Make Things Happen in YoCo, and our Historically Edgy Downtown.”
Completing their board terms are Doug Berman of RKL LLP (past chairperson), Commissioner Susan Byrnes, Joseph Clark, Esq. of The Stewart Companies, and Lynda Randall of New Level Advisors.
For a complete listing of the Board of Directors, please click here.
About the YCEA
YCEA drives York County’s economic growth by leveraging the collaboration, resources and expertise needed to create sustainable prosperity. For information on the York County Economic Alliance visit www.yceapa.org.
Vice President, Marketing & Communications