YCEA Launches Local Intel as Data Hub for York County
The York County Economic Alliance (YCEA) is proud to announce a newly launched website feature – Local Intel. This resource supports businesses in York County, those looking to move into the County, and allows access to critical market research, all in one easy location.
As part of our mission to be innovative, and create sustainable prosperity, the YCEA heard the need to have a “one stop shop” of data that provides essential concepts and analyzes the data to make assist in business decisions. “The 72 municipalities in York County don’t always have access to the same data, and it can be dauting or discouraging to try and find it all,” said Kevin Schreiber, President and CEO of the YCEA. “To aid in that, and strengthen our boroughs and towns throughout the region, we partnered with Local Intel for this York County Profile tool. We also envision this assisting in attraction of potential new businesses to our community, and compliment the site selection process we already have in place at YCEA.”
The full profile is available here, on the YCEA website. Tools include:
- Our Advantages – the story behind and benefits of York County
- Business Climate – statistics, tax rates, incentives and trends
- Industry Trends – research and performance
- Research your Customers – demographics, location, and numbers
- Analyze your Competition – analyzing location, size, and employees
- Evaluate the Workforce – considering the occupations, education and location of York
- Identify Transportation – traffic, transit and parking
- Identify Community Facilities – identifying the educational, health, recreational, public and cultural places that contribute to quality of life
- Identify Zoning Controls – analyzing commercial, industrial and residential activities
Click here to see a demonstration of the site from Silas Chamberlin, Vice President, Economic & Community Development.
Local Intel is a tech start up founded in 2015 to support economic development and the needs of municipalities as well as businesses. It has backing from the Government of Alberta, through Alberta Innovates, and industry investment program TECTERRA. This platform has been proven successful in 22 municipalities ranging in size from 5,000 people to 1.3 million, including Seattle, New Orleans, and our neighbors in Adams County.
About the YCEA
YCEA drives York County’s economic growth by leveraging the collaboration, resources and expertise needed to create sustainable prosperity. For information on the York County Economic Alliance visit www.yceapa.org.
Vice President, Marketing & Communications