Springettsbury Township's Holiday Tree Lighting - November 20, 2020
Springettsbury Township is hosting the 17th Annual Holiday Tree Lighting on Friday, November 20, 2020 at the Township’s park amphitheater, 1501 Mount Zion Road. The event begins at 5:45 p.m.
Please join us for a fun evening to kick off the holiday season!
The First Capitol Detachment, Marine Corps League will open the event Presenting of the Colors for the National Anthem, performed by York Suburban Middle School’s “Sounds of Tomorrow” chorale ensemble.
Santa will be in attendance from 5:45 p.m. – 6:45 p.m. to visit with children.
Musical performances will begin at 6:00 p.m. and include:
• York Suburban Middle School’s “Sounds of Tomorrow” - Directed by Mrs. Amy Intrieri
• Central York Middle School’s “Raise Your Voice” - Directed by Miss Amanda Perko
• Central York Middle School’s “Holiday Brass” - Directed by Mr. Richard Worley
• Central York Middle School’s “Woodwinds in Wonderland” - Directed by Mr. Richard Worley
Following the performances, at approximately 7:20 p.m. will be the processional to the Springettsbury Holiday Tree for the lighting, officiated by Springettsbury Township Board of Supervisors Chairman Mark Swomley.
The First Capitol Detachment, Marine Corps League will be accepting new, unwrapped toys and monetary donations to benefit the local Toys for Tots program.
Bricker’s Famous French Fries will be on site with food available for purchase. Bricker’s is also providing hot chocolate, offered for a monetary donation to Toys for Tots.
Thank you to our 2020 partners:
• Bricker’s Famous French Fries
• Central York Middle School
• First Capitol Detachment, Marine Corps League and Mr. Dave Brady
• York Suburban Middle School
A special thank you to Mr. Rob Decker and his students from Central York Middle School for donating handmade gifts to Toys for Tots.
All guests and participants are asked to wear a mask and maintain social distancing to help reduce the spread of COVID-19 and ensure a safe event for all visitors. For event updates or in the case of
inclement weather, please visit www.springettsbury.com, www.facebook.com/Springettsbury, or call
our Parks and Recreation Department at (717) 505-0406.
Error: There is no connected account for the user 2898015464 Feed will not update.