Applications are now being accepted for the York County Tourism Grant Program!
Explore York and the York County Commissioners have established a matching grant program aimed at boosting tourism (visitation from beyond a 50-mile radius) in York County. The program, which is funded through a room tax enacted by the York County Commissioners, will provide financial support to initiatives deemed capable of generating broad and substantial benefit to York County tourism. The York County Tourism Grant Committee will be accepting proposals for projects aimed at expanding and/or improving tourism promotion and development in York County. This program supports projects that grow the local tourism industry and draw more visitors to York County. Driven by the local room tax, tourism grants can help enhance your existing programs, create a new event, improve your marketing efforts and much more.
Your creative idea could be a perfect fit if it:
- Enhances the visitor experience
- Creates a positive economic impact through overnight stays
- Strengthens an existing attraction
- And attracts visitors beyond a 50-mile radius of York
2019 ROUND TWO TIMELINE:
- Round One opens on July 1, 2019.
- Grant applications for 2019 Round Two are due by August 1, 2019 at 5 p.m.
- Recipients of 2019 Round Two will be announced mid-November, 2019.
- Maximum grant request amount: $10,000.
- Grant recipient must provide at least a .25 percent match of the grant amount.
- Post grant reports are due 90 days after completion of program.
Applications are being accepted for requests up to $10,000 per project and are due by August 1, 2019.