2020 Her Traditions Scholarship Announced
York Traditions Bank recognizes the influential role of women as business and community leaders in York County, and believes a community is only as strong as its best leaders. As part of its commitment to the local community, the bank created the Her Traditions Scholarship Program. Now in its tenth year, this scholarship is designed to help develop the leadership potential of women who will ultimately serve as role models for future generations in the county.
York Traditions Bank will present up to five (5) $500 awards to 2020 graduates. The deadline for applications is February 28, 2020. Interested applicants must meet all of the following requirements:
• Residency – Female residents of York County who are 2020 graduating seniors at a public or accredited private high school in the County.
• Leadership – Applicants must have served as a class officer or held another leadership position in an organized, school-sponsored activity.
• Academics – Grade point average of 3.0 or higher, on a 4.0 scale, maintained through the end of the junior year in high school (include transcript and letter of recommendation)
• Community Service – Applicants must have accumulated a minimum of 20 hours of community service within the past calendar year (12 months).
• Essay – 250 words or less: How do you define leadership? Describe how you have demonstrated leadership ability both in and out of school.
For more information and an application, interested young women may visit a York Traditions Bank branch - in South York at 235 St. Charles Way and our Administrative Headquarters at 226 Pauline Drive, in East York at 2450 Eastern Boulevard, in North York at 2305 Susquehanna Trail North, in West York at 2170 White Street, in Downtown York at 100 North George Street and in Hanover at 361 Eisenhower Drive. Applications may also be found at www.hertraditions.com.
Applications must be dropped off at a bank branch or postmarked by Friday, February 28, 2020. Questions from the press may be sent to Suzanne Becker at 717-747-2647. Scholarship applicants can be directed to Melissa Moore at 717-747-2678.
About York Traditions Bank
York Traditions Bank was created to provide a new and innovative approach to banking that is built on solid traditional values, and on leading edge and customer-friendly technology. Founded on October 28, 2002, York Traditions values its ties to the community and partnership with clients. York Traditions Bank has an administrative headquarters and six retail branches in York County. For more information, visit www.YorkTraditionsBank.com.
Director of Marketing and Communications