|POSITION REPORTS TO:||Director of Recreation and Camping|
|PAY LEVEL:||$9.00 Hourly/ Camp Stipend|
A Recreation Assistant Intern with Easterseals Western and Central Pennsylvania includes experiences planning, assessing and implementing community-based recreation programs, as well as residential and day camp opportunities for individuals with disabilities & special needs.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Implement daily activities assigned.
- Assist in planning and evaluating recreation programs as assigned.
- Assist supervisor and recreation staff in meeting established goals.
- Work directly with clients at programs.
- Abide by all organizational policies and procedures.
- Participate in departmental and organizational meetings with supervisor as required.
- Participate in trainings as required.
- Maintain confidentiality, where applicable.
- Interact effectively and professionally with employees, program participants, and others.
- Work cooperatively as part of a team.
- Be flexible with shifts assigned (i.e. daytime and evening hours).
- Acceptable Criminal Record Check required.
- Acceptable Child Abuse History Clearance required.
- Acceptable FBI Fingerprint Clearance
- Acceptable Physical/TB Test
- Ability to exercise sound judgment.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks with a high degree of accuracy.
- Ability to plan and manage the utilization of resources.
- Possess a high level of interpersonal, problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Possess knowledge of therapeutic recreation principles.
- Possess strong customer service skills.
- Enthusiasm for learning and working with clients.
- Ability to exercise patience and compassion when working with others.
- Possess effective and efficient written and verbal communication skills.
Note: Interns will be paid for program/camp time only (25-30 hours weekly). Office/administrative duties are also required and are not paid (5-10 hours weekly).