Sewing Machine Operator
A local company is seeking a skilled Sewing Machine Operator for a part time, direct hire position.
The Sewing/Design Assistant will assist with garment development and modification, including operating various sewing machines, pattern drafting and all other aspects of production of custom designed garments.
Essential Functions – Machine Operation
Operating many different types of sewing machines, including cover stitch, blind stitch, merrow, and straight stitch industrials as well as home sergers and sewing machines
- Mount attachments, such as needles, appropriate machine feet, and adjusts machine guides to match textile requirements.
- Monitor machine operation to detect problems, such as defective stitching, breaks in thread, or machine malfunction.
- Activate and adjust machine controls to regulate stitching speed and length, dimensions of gathers and tucks, and material or thread tensions.
- Activate machine to join, gather, hem, reinforce, or decorate materials.
- Position materials through feed and guides, or positions and maneuvers under sewing machine presser foot and needle during operation.
- Examine and measure finished articles to verify conformance to measurements using a ruler/measuring tape. MUST BE ABLE TO READ AND USE A RULER.
- Place spools of thread, cord, or other materials on spindles, insert bobbins, and thread ends through machine guides and components.
- Sew materials by hand, using needle and thread.
- Position, marks and/or pins seams in place to prepare for machine sewing.
- Replace needles and maintain equipment.
- Cut materials according to specifications, or cut excess material or thread from finished product using scissors.
- Select supplies, such as binding, cord, or thread, according to specifications or material color.
Essential Functions – pattern drafting
- Work with pattern paper and/or oaktag to develop new clothing designs.
- Examine and measure finished articles to verify conformance to measurements using a ruler or measuring tape. MUST BE ABLE TO READ AND USE A RULER.
- Must be able to break down fractions and measurements accurately.
- Interpret pattern pieces required for each design.
- Must be VERY articulate with increments of measurements.
- Must be familiar with different types of rulers, including curved and T-square rulers.
- Must be able to cut with different types of scissors accurately on straight and curved lines.
- Any other essential function that may occur from time to time as directed by the Owner.
Error: No posts found.
Make sure this account has posts available on instagram.com.