Training and Development Manager
The position is responsible for a full array of duties relating to the administration of multiple programs that support local government. Training event development and delivery are a principal focus along with coordination of multiple programs and grants.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Organize and facilitate delivery of training services and department programs
- Serve as Team Leader for program development activities
- Research and determine potential event space
- Identify potential instructors and speakers
- Coordinate event logistics with facilities and instructors and speakers
- Manage reproduction of course/event materials
- Manage post-program logistics, create and maintain event SOP manuals
- Manage department A/V Inventory
- Manage professional development accreditation programs
- Manage department overall event/program marketing plan
- Collaborate with internal teams on materials and promotions for events
- Manage multiple program websites, learning managements systems and databases
- Manage event apps
- Facilitate webinar/webcast meetings and trainings
- Onsite facilitation of program events
- Provide assistance to program participants as needed
- Execute research projects apply findings as appropriate
- Assist with grant and proposal application process
- All other work necessary to fulfill the mission of League and as directed by direct supervisor and/or Executive Director
Education and Experience:
Bachelor’s Degree preferred, Minimum High School Diploma/Associate’s. Any combination of experience and education that could likely provide the required knowledge and abilities could be qualifying. A typical way to obtain the required combination of knowledge and abilities would be five years of progressive, directly related experience. Must process a valid/current Pennsylvania Driver’s license.
Skills and Abilities:
- Understanding of local government structure, issues and needs
- Understanding of association management
- Understanding of instructional methods and techniques
- Understanding of Training and Development programs offered by the League
- Thorough knowledge of office practices and procedures
- Thorough knowledge of the structure on content of the English Language
- Thorough knowledge of Office 365 Products
- Ability to learn to work with new software programs
- Ability to expertly manage website content
- Ability to proofread documents and suggest changes to formatting, structure and language
- Ability to speak clearly and plainly
- Ability to coordinate multiple projects where shifting priorities and schedules require ongoing evaluation
- Ability to establish and maintain record-keeping systems
- Ability to develop relationships with other through effective listening and speaking
- Ability to work effectively as a member of a team, sharing ideas and adjusting work to assist others with meeting deadlines
- Ability to “think on feet” and problem solve as situations arise
- Ability to demonstrate tact, patience and courtesy with callers
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to sit for long periods of time.
- Ability to talk on the telephone for long periods of time.
- Ability to tolerate high levels of noise when operating office equipment.
- Ability to travel to onsite League events and effectively communicate and interact with other employees and public in person
- Possess the sensory skills necessary to effectively communicate and interact with other employees and the public through the use of telephone and personal contact.
- Move light to moderate objects weighing 15-50 pounds lbs. such as mail, supplies, files and course materials.