The Evangelical Lutheran Church in America (ELCA) Foundation seeks a Regional Gift Planner for Central Pennsylvania.
ELCA Synod territory includes: Allegheny Synod, Lower Susquehanna Synod, and Upper Susquehanna Synod
The Regional Gift Planner (RGP) will be responsible for identifying, cultivating, soliciting, and securing planned and current gifts from individuals in support of churchwide ministries, congregations, synods and other ELCA-related ministries. Gift planners work in partnership with synods, ELCA related organizations and institutions to expand the network of prospective donors, increase support for ELCA-related ministries and present opportunities to invest in the Endowment Fund Pooled Trust. Gift Planners provide ongoing, regular stewardship of planned giving donors and participants in the Endowment Fund Pooled Trust.
Reporting to the Director of Gift Planning, this position is part of a nationwide network of twenty-two professional Regional Gift Planners. Each Gift Planner lives and works within their assigned territory (home office).
Application, resume and cover letter should be submitted through the ELCA job board.
Inquiries about the position may be directed, in confidence, to Gaye Lindfors of Significant Solutions, Inc., the consultant assisting with this search (Gaye@SignificantSolutionsInc.com; 651-490-9550).
THE ELCA at a Glance
The ELCA is one church with three expressions - a churchwide organization in Chicago, 65 synods throughout the country, and a network of 9,300 congregations. The three interdependent parts work together to form the ELCA. In addition, the ELCA works with a number of partner institutions including 285 social ministry organizations and other entities that address human needs, 26 colleges and universities, 7 seminaries, theological education by extension, and a variety of outdoor ministries, retreat centers, schools and early childhood education centers.
The ELCA Foundation
The ELCA Foundation is a separately incorporated ministry of the ELCA. It provides comprehensive giving opportunities for individuals, and educational and gift planning services to congregations, synods, churchwide ministries and related institutions and agencies of this church. Its goal is to increase financial resources for all the ministries of the ELCA.
The Foundation also offers opportunities for congregations and institutions of the ELCA to invest in the Endowment Fund Pooled Trust; provides oversight of the assets including the Endowment Fund, Charitable Gift Annuities, Charitable Trusts; and cares for the accounting, administration and financial reporting of assets and activities.
The Foundation is governed by a board of trustees with separate committees for Investments, Audit, Resource Development and Finance.
Assets Under Management - $854 million
Annual Budget - $7.5 million
Foundation Staff Size - 36
Regional Gift Planner
- Meet with prospective donors to conduct discoveries, present gift plan proposals and secure planned and current gifts through estate plans, CRTs, CGAs, named endowments, QCDs, cash, properties, and other gifts.
- Work collaboratively with ELCA Mission Advancement unit, directors for evangelical mission in synods, and other churchwide partners in identifying planned gift prospects, providing major gift referrals and coordinating effective cultivation and stewardship of churchwide constituents.
- Coordinate with regional partners in identifying planned gift prospects and engage in joint discovering meetings with partner gift officers.
- Develop partnerships and a referral network of pastors and key congregational leaders through joint development of asset-based giving programs, the development of congregational gift policies, and the developing and stewarding of congregational endowment funds.
- Cultivate and solicit ELCA affiliated institutions to invest funds in the Endowment Fund Pool Trust and provide ongoing stewardship of these institutions.
- Steward and strengthen the relationship between the ELCA Foundation and reginal partners. Cultivate and develop additional partnerships with relevant regional ELCA affiliated institutions.
- Manage ongoing relationships and tracking of portfolio with ECIS software and regularly review activity and donor portfolio with Director of Gift Planning.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Must be willing and able to travel by air and automobile; about 50% of the time.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear, use hands and fingers to operate a computer and telephone. This position requires sitting for long periods of time. Reasonable accommodations can be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.