Licensed Professional Counselor
Children's Aid Society is seeking a Full-Time Licensed Professional Counselor to join our team! You will be responsible for the assessment and treatment of children and adolescents through individual and group play therapy. In addition, you will provide services within the cycle of treatment from intake procedures through discharge.
Title: Play Therapist
Location: Primarily Chambersburg; occasional travel to York and/or New Oxford
Reports To: Director of Clinical Services
Status: Non-Exempt, full-time, 36 hours/week
- Provide Individual Creative Play Therapy. Assess clients from mental/behavioral health perspective using play therapy techniques.
- Completes clinical intake assessments, gather information about the client, assure releases, waivers, and permissions are signed by the appropriate person(s).
- Develop individual patient goals and treatment plans with the client and his/her parent/guardian.
- Provide ongoing assessments and therapy using play therapy techniques. Review and adapt the treatment plan with the patient and parent/guardian to assure that the patient is progressing to wellness. Communicate with parent/guardian regarding the client’s progress and suggest ways that the parent/guardian can support the client in meeting goals.
- Maintain current case records and documentation as required by licensing, regulatory, and/or funding sources. This includes assessment, goals, progress notes, personal information, releases, and reports from the other organizations.
- Maintains client confidentiality in accordance with HIPPA and the Family Rights and Privacy Act of 1974.
- Master's degree in Counseling or similar
- 2+ years experience working with children and/or adolescents
- Ability to handle the physical caseload of 20-24 clients
- Ability to build rapport with patients
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Generally, works in an office environment but may occasionally be required to perform job duties outside of the typical office setting. The noise level in the office is moderate when being exposed to young children.
Children’s Aid Society provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, religion, age, disability, gender identity, results of genetic testing, or service in the military.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $16.00 to $22.00 /hour
- working with children and/or adolescents: 2 years (Preferred)
- Master's (Required)
- Licensed Professional Counselor (LPC) (Preferred)
- United States (Required)
- One location
- Bi weekly or Twice monthly