The position will provide support to the Events team for all signature and series events including logistics and marketing.
The individual must have a strong ability to multi-task, meet deadlines, work independently and prioritize multiple projects with excellent attention to detail. This position reports to the Director, Membership and Events, and is overseen by the Vice President, Marketing and Communications. Most importantly, this individual must be willing to have fun.
- Assist with event logistics including, but not limited to, set up and tear down, seat assignments, speaker and sponsor talking points, timelines, and day-of registration.
- Attend events and interact with guests and field questions.
- Prepare annual calendar of events for YCEA and members, utilizing a strategic focus and event analysis to determine future success.
- Work with the Events team to sell tickets, sponsorships, or secure auction items as needed for events.
- Assist with setting prospect appointments with sponsors or members.
- Work with marketing team for social media, promotions, invitations and marketing materials.
- Assist in organizing office functions.
- Provide administrative support to organizational committees, boards and authorities, the marketing team, and the Manager of Event Specials, as required.
- Assist Marketing and Events teams in writing press releases, e-news publications and social media posts.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Advocate for team concept and customer orientated culture.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with members, staff and volunteers.
- Demonstrated ability to be self-motivated.
- Ability to work flexible hours to include evenings and weekends as needed and scheduled.
- Great interpersonal and communication skills, capable of working with all levels of personnel, and community stakeholders.
- Ability to juggle multiple projects at the same time, prioritize, and meet deadlines.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Ability to focus on keen attention to detail
- A strong, strategic, messaging and public relations mindset.
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills.
- Fun, innovative personality with a willingness to create and try new methods of communication and events.
- A proven successful track record of sales, sponsorships, or fundraising is a plus.
- Proficient computer skills and knowledge of Microsoft Office and capacity to learn and be proficient with the membership database
- BA in Business, Public Relations, Marketing or knowledge of customer service and events. Minimal 1-3 years of relevant experience.
Please send cover letter and resume to Laura Schmaltz by Dec. 3