Saw Operator PM Shift
Pennex Aluminum Company has been a leader in the Aluminum manufacturing industry for over 30 years. Due to our continued growth, we are hiring in our Wellsville, PA facility. We are looking for dedicated individuals to join our team! Pennex strives to provide employees an opportunity to advance within the organization. When you join our team, you are offered:
- On the job training, competitive wages, and incentives for perfect attendance
- A robust benefit package that includes medical/dental/vision; disability & life insurances; 401(k), paid holidays and vacation.
- A refined Wellness Incentive Program
- An employee led culture of safety
- Operates log saw cutting log or billet into appropriate lengths.
- Ensures proper labeling of logs and billets with stamping unit, color codes and production tags.
- Moves cut log and billet into appropriate storage area.
- Loads and unloads logs into appropriate stacks prior to and after completion of homogenization.
- Operates homogenizing furnace.
- Assists Saw Helper roll logs from table to saw area.
- Checks sharpness of saw blades on a regular basis.
- Assists in the starting and stopping of all cast at the cast unit.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or several years related experience/training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must possess a valid Forklift Operator’s license or have prior forklift experience.
- Must be able to operate overhead crane Must be able to lift to 50 lbs. repeatedly
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers.
- Good teamwork ability
- High attention to detail
- Position requires the ability to stand for long lengths of time
- Qualified applicants must be able to pass a pre-employment drug test and physical
7 PM – 7 AM. Employee works either 36 or 48 hours per week. There is opportunity for additional overtime.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $13.47 to $14.82 /hour