Packers - 1st and 3rd Shifts
Packers – 1st and 3rd shifts - Pennex Aluminum Company LLC - Wellsville, PA
Pennex Aluminum Company has been a leader in the Aluminum manufacturing industry for over 30 years. Due to our continued growth, we are hiring in our Wellsville, PA facility. We are looking for dedicated individuals to join our team! Pennex strives to provide employees an opportunity to advance within the organization. When you join our team, you are offered:
- On the job training, competitive wages, and incentives for perfect attendance
- A robust benefit package that includes medical/dental/vision; disability and life insurances; 401(k), paid holidays and vacation.
- A refined Wellness Incentive Program
- An employee led culture of safety
- Repetitively lift aluminum extrusions of lengths up to forty feet and weighing up to seventy-five pounds from metal basket carriers to packing conveyor.
- Gather all material needed for framing bundles, such as but not limited to: tape, stretch wrap cardboard, paper, banding, etc.
- Visually inspect metal while forming bundles looking for burrs, scratches, chips, gouges, dents, bubbles, die lines, etc. Insure all pieces meet or exceed customer specifications. When material is questionable, contact foreman, supervisor or inspector for approval.
- Assemble bundles per foreman’s instructions utilizing packing materials to meet customer specifications.
- Assist and/or operate cut back saw station and acts as saw helper at the press. Lift metal from racks and return after cutting. Insure all cuts are made to meet customer specifications.
- Record appropriate piece count or weigh count daily. Records time it takes to pack a bundle.
- Push baskets on wheels into or out of workstation.
- Carry scrap metal to scrap cart.
- Maintain a neat and orderly work area including general housekeeping of the work area upon completion of a repair. Assists with general housekeeping of the Shipping area.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); several years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals
- REGULAR SHIFT: 1st Shift- Monday-Friday: 6:00 AM until 4:30 PM; 3rd Shift - Sunday-Thursday: 10:30 pm until 7:00 AM
- OVERTIME SHIFTS: 1st Shift - Saturday: 6:00 AM until 12:00 PM; 3rd Shift -Friday 10:30 PM until 4:30 AM
Job Type: Full-time