Industrial Maintenance Technician PM
Pennex Aluminum Company has been a leader in the Aluminum manufacturing industry for over 30 years. Due to our continued growth, we are hiring in our Wellsville, PA facility. We are looking for dedicated individuals to join our team! Pennex strives to provide employees an opportunity to advance within the organization. When you join our team, you are offered:
- On the job training, competitive wages, and incentives for perfect attendance
- A robust benefit package that includes medical/dental/vision; disability & life insurances; 401(k), paid holidays and vacation.
- A refined Wellness Incentive Program
- An employee led culture of safety
JOB DUTIES :
- Responds to service calls from all departments involving breakdowns to diagnose and repair equipment as required.
- Responsible for prioritizing repairs with input and direction from Plant Management.
- Diagnoses malfunctioning apparatus and discusses it with other maintenance technicians including Maintenance Supervisor. Diagnoses and repairs or replaces faulty hydraulic or pneumatic components; mechanical components, including but not limited to bearings, couplings, etc; combustion components; and electronic components, including but not limited to, power supplies, processor, printed circuit boards, etc.
- Performs scheduled preventive maintenance (P.M.) on plant equipment including, but not limited to, extrusion presses and auxiliary equipment, melting furnace, casting unit, billet saw, homogenizing furnace, etc.
- Conducts daily inspection of the operation of the air compressors and compressed air system including maintenance of oil levels, air filters, dryer operation, etc.
- Conducts daily inspection of the operation of the caster cooling water system including maintenance of the water level, water quality, water filtration, etc.
- Performs daily inspection of the operation of the extrusion presses including maintenance of the oil levels, oil leaks, billet heater operation, cutoff saw operation, transfer operation, stretcher operation, etc.
- Installs and/or modifies equipment in cooperation with the Engineering Services Manager to improve the reliability, simplify the operation, improve operational safety, etc.
- Completes all paperwork on a timely basis, including daily work sheets assigning work to appropriate jobs or equipment in ¼ hour increments.
- Maintains a neat and orderly work area including general housekeeping of the work area upon completion of a repair.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- 2-4 years’ experience in all areas of industrial maintenance including welding, hydraulic and pneumatic circuit components, knowledge of relay logic components, PLC logic components, bearing, gear reducers, equipment alignment and piping installation
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or several years related experience/training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must be able to read maintenance blue prints, hydraulic schematics, ladder diagrams and bill of materials.
- Must be able to operate overhead crane Must be able to lift to 50 lbs. repeatedly
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers.
- Good teamwork ability
- High attention to detail
- Position requires the ability to stand for long lengths of time
- Qualified applicants must be able to pass a pre-employment drug test and physical
7 PM – 7 AM. The days of the week rotate and the employee works either 36 or 48 hours per week. There is opportunity for additional overtime.
Job Type: Full-time