Production - T Car Operator
The function of this position involves but is not limited to moving stock from the corrugator rails to the presses as well as moving/transporting items to other areas of the plant as needed.
Essential Job Functions:
- Moves stock from the corrugator rails to the presses
- Moves stock over to Little Germany area of the plant based on their needs
- Continually clears the return line with the goal of having nothing on it at all times
- Is in constant communication via the headsets with the corrugator stacker operators
- Continually organizes the rails so that like items are together
- Continually makes rounds through the rails to ensure he/she is aware of where all stock is located
- Continually checks the corrugator lineup to estimate when items will come off
- Puts work orders in for the T-car when issues arise
- Performs all job functions pertaining to payroll such as swiping in and out and completion of diaries every day/night.
- Assists on other presses when necessary to ensure we are meeting our due date expectations
In addition to the functions listed above, the employee is expected to: exercise honesty, integrity and respect with all clients and co-workers, maintain a professional appearance and demeanor, demonstrate a positive attitude, communicate effectively with co-workers and clients, work with accuracy, efficiency, and attention to detail, maintain good attendance by working when and where directed, work safely in compliance with all safety policies, respect the work environment and keep it as neat and clean as possible, and exercise initiative to learn new skills and tasks and to help co-workers when possible. The employee is also expected to perform such other duties and functions as required and assigned from time to time.
The Physical Requirements Checklist that specifies the physical demands for this job is attached and is incorporated into this description.
- High School Diploma/GED preferred
- A minimum of 2 years’ corrugated experience or related field preferred
- Must be able to use tape measurer
Employees are expected to follow all facility safety guidelines that include adhering to GMP (Good Manufacturing Practices) and Food Safety as outlined during their training.
Working conditions will be hot in the summer and cold in the winter. The headsets or other ear protection must be worn at all times. Considerable walking will be done every day.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS CHECKLIST FOR
Production - T Car Operator
1. In a normal workday, the employee must be able to stand:
( ) little or no standing ( ) 1-4 hours ( ) 4-6 hours (X) 7+ hours
2. In a normal workday, the employee must be able to sit:
(X) little or no sitting ( ) 1-4 hours ( ) 4-6 hours ( ) 7+ hours
3. In a normal workday, the employee must be able to walk:
( ) little or no walking ( ) 1-4 hours ( ) 4-6 hours (X) 7+ hours
4. In a normal workday, the employee must be able to drive:
(X) little or no driving ( ) 1-4 hours ( ) 4-6 hours ( ) 7+ hours
5. In a normal workday, the employee must be able to lift/carry:
( ) 10 lbs. maximum; occasionally carry small objects – Sedentary Work
(X) 20 lbs. maximum; frequently lift/carry up to 10 lbs. – Light Work
( ) 50 lbs. maximum; frequently lift/carry up to 25 lbs. – Medium Work
( ) 75 lbs. maximum; frequently lift/carry up to 50 lbs. – Heavy Work
6. The employee must be able to use his/her upper extremities for repetitive:
Simple Grasping (X) Yes ( ) No
Pushing/Pulling (X) Yes ( ) No
Fine Manipulation ( ) Yes (X) No
|(67 - 100%)||(34 - 66%)||(0 - 33%)|
|Employee Must Be Able To:|
|Bend at the waist||____||__x__||____|
|Squat at the knees||__||_x___||_|
|Reach above shoulders||____||_x___||___|
|Use feet (foot controls)||__||____||__x__|
Error: No posts found.
Make sure this account has posts available on instagram.com.