Production - Machine Operator
Team lead for individual assigned work center holding primary responsibility for multiple facets of equipment operation including mechanical and computerized set-up as required, maintaining pre-determined production, quality and safety standards as they relate to individual job standards and York Container policy. Responsibilities also include maintaining equipment and organization of work area assigned to the individual.
Essential Job Function
- Understand and follow detailed work instructions as supplied for each individual production run with a supplied production order ticket with listed requirements including CAD instructions, print card specifications, packing instructions and multiple other details included with the work order relating to the specific job.
- Properly conduct all scheduled quality checks at set-up, start-up and periodically throughout the production run. This includes checking and comparing product directly to the CAD instructions, print card instructions to completely conform to all requirements set forth as related to each specific job, specifications are supplied by York Container.
- Check product thoroughly throughout the production run at required intervals, which have been pre-determined per York Container’s quality process
- Complete any purge sheets and quality checklists provided as well as quality sampling, paperwork, materials and data entry.
- Perform simple mathematical problems
- Operate measuring equipment and understand basic measurement properties.
- Act as a team leader, which includes self-motivation and ability to motivate his/her team. Clearly communicate with and instruct other members of assigned work center.
- Lift and prepare any required tooling related to assigned equipment.
In addition to the functions listed above, the employee is expected to: exercise honesty, integrity and respect with all clients and co-workers, maintain a professional appearance and demeanor, demonstrate a positive attitude, communicate effectively with co-workers and clients, work with accuracy, efficiency, and attention to detail, maintain good attendance by working when and where directed, work safely in compliance with all safety policies, respect the work environment and keep it as neat and clean as possible, and exercise initiative to learn new skills and tasks and to help co-workers when possible. The employee is also expected to perform such other duties and functions as required and assigned from time to time.
The Physical Requirements Checklist that specifies the physical demands for this job is attached and is incorporated into this description.
- High School Diploma/GED preferred
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience as a machine operator in a manufacturing environment; Corrugated experience preferred but not required
- Exceptional mechanical ability
- Ability to proficiently use hand tools, small power tools, computerized set up process relating to assigned equipment
- Ability to problem-solve and troubleshoot problems independently and as a team.
- Ability to keep assigned equipment and related tooling maintained and organized.
- Strong organizational skills
- Basic math and measurement skills
- Basic computer skills
- Must be able to read supplied order sheets
- Must be able to communicate in English.
Basic hand and small power tools; measuring devices consisting primarily of a tape measure and ability to read its measurements; basic computer skills as related to each individual work center; large production machinery
Employees are expected to follow all facility safety guidelines that include adhering to GMP (Good Manufacturing Practices) and Food Safety as outlined during their training. Some machine centers REQUIRE Hand and Arm Protection to increase safety and minimize the opportunity for contamination. Company issued gloves and sleeves will be issued if determined necessary
Hot and cold conditions may be present as well as dust, dirt, and some odors, chemicals and solvents. Varied ranges of loud noise requiring hearing protection are present, so must be able to use ear plugs or muffs for protection. Bright to dim lighting situations are present. No sitting except on assigned break periods which are provided.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS CHECKLIST FOR
Production - Machine Operator
1. In a normal workday, the employee must be able to stand:
( ) little or no standing ( ) 1-4 hours ( ) 4-6 hours (X) 7+ hours
2. In a normal workday, the employee must be able to sit:
(X) little or no sitting ( ) 1-4 hours ( ) 4-6 hours ( ) 7+ hours
3. In a normal workday, the employee must be able to walk:
( ) little or no walking ( ) 1-4 hours ( ) 4-6 hours (X) 7+ hours
4. In a normal workday, the employee must be able to drive:
(X) little or no driving ( ) 1-4 hours ( ) 4-6 hours ( ) 7+ hours
5. In a normal workday, the employee must be able to lift/carry:
( ) 10 lbs. maximum; occasionally carry small objects – Sedentary Work
( ) 20 lbs. maximum; frequently lift/carry up to 10 lbs. – Light Work
(X) 50 lbs. maximum; frequently lift/carry up to 25 lbs. – Medium Work
( ) 75 lbs. maximum; frequently lift/carry up to 50 lbs. – Heavy Work
6. The employee must be able to use his/her upper extremities for repetitive:
Simple Grasping (X) Yes ( ) No
Pushing/Pulling (X) Yes ( ) No
Fine Manipulation (X) Yes ( ) No
|(67 - 100%)||(34 - 66%)||(0 - 33%)|
|Employee Must Be Able To:|
|Bend at the waist||____||__X__||____|
|Squat at the knees||____||__X__||____|
|Reach above shoulders||____||__X__||____|
|Use feet (foot controls)||____||____||__X__|
Error: No posts found.
Make sure this account has posts available on instagram.com.