Embroidery Machine Operator (Day Shift)
Legacy Athletic Apparel
Summary: This position is responsible for operating a multi-head industrial size embroidery machine. Operator metrics must be met daily and are monitored by Embroidery Supervisor.
Hours: 6:00 AM - 4:30 PM Monday through Thursday (overtime on Friday as needed)
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Embroider front, side and rear locations on headwear.
- Each location is unique and requires attention to detail to assure Legacy quality standards are met.
- Operate a Barudan 15 head Embroidery Machine.
- Duties also include minor maintenance, oiling and frequent cleaning of the machine.
- Able to thread a needle.
- Understand thread and bobbin tensions.
- Recognize good quality embroidery.
- Walk the embroidery machine while it’s operating to check for potential problems before they happen.
- Hoop between 350 and 450 hats a day depending on experience and type of work. Hooping is the process of securing headwear to a metal frame.
- Hooping is one of the most important aspects of the job. Each hat should be hooped in about 10 to 15 seconds.
- Understand how to program and load machine.
- Loading machine requires minor bending and changing out finished embroidered caps with blank caps.
- Program the machine and set embroidery location to its proper spot.
- Read a work order form to know what colors to program.
- Understand thread colors and embroider many different embroidery applications such as foam, applique and custom patches.
- Attention to detail is a must. Hat will be defective if patches and applique are not placed correctly.
- Legacy has two main thread types and over 100 thread colors which requires ability to visually differentiate between thread colors and styles.
- Multitask to assure machine runs with minimal downtime.
- This includes preparing for future orders minutes or even hours before being run.
- Lay out applique or patches on board before spray adhesive is added.
- Cut 3D foam to size with minimal waste.
- Place proper colors tied on the machine before job is ready to run.
- Communicate any questions to floor lead or supervisor.
- Demonstrate and promote Legacy’s Core Values
- Perform any other tasks or projects as needed to achieve Company goals.
- Be an ambassador for Legacy, both internally and externally, to help build confidence, pride and value in the company.
- Time management; ability to organize and prioritize multiple priorities
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Highly productive, organized and a strong team player
- Positive, flexible attitude
- Commitment to the company’s vision, goals and its Core Values