Assistant Machine Operator
Assist the operator in the setup and running of flatbed die cutting machine, with a focus on time saving practices to limit downtime and setup times. Ensure a quality product is being released to our customers
Essential Job Functions:
- Must possess sense on urgency in fast paced environment, while working safely
- Limit scrap waste, deliver said waste to proper dept. when scrap truck is full, and accurately tag for waste reporting
- Collect top and bottom sheets (dunnage) to expedite converting process
- Pack products for shipment as specified for individual orders
- Practice good lock out/ tag out procedures
- Follow reporting processes for accurate completion of production paperwork and CTI/HRMS
- Mount die boards, assist in the setup of machine, and keep machine running
- Read and understand production order copy for every production run, and will assist operator in ensuring quality (includes basic corrugated terminology)
- Understand machine mechanical functionality, and conduct in depth cleaning of press when scheduled
- Run machine in case of operator unavailability
- Work overtime as production needs require
In addition to the functions listed above, the employee is expected to: exercise honesty, integrity and respect with all clients and co-workers, maintain an acceptable appearance and demeanor, demonstrate a positive attitude, dependability, reliability, self sufficiency, communicate effectively with co-workers. Furthermore, to work with accuracy, efficiency and attention to detail, maintain good attendance by working when and where directed, work safely in compliance with all safety policies, respect the work environment and keep it as neat and clean as possible, and exercise initiative to learn new skills and tasks and to help co-workers when possible. The employee is also expected to perform such other duties and functions as required and assigned from time to time.
The Physical Requirements Checklist that specifies the physical demands for this job is attached and is incorporated into this description.
- High School Diploma/GED
- A minimum of 2 years’ corrugated experience or related field preferred
- Must be able to use tape measurer
Tape measurer, computers (for reporting purposes), cutting dies, machine related devices (both computerized and manual mechanical devices), box cutters, and substrate (corrugated stock)
Employees are expected to follow all facility safety guidelines that include adhering to GMP (Good Manufacturing Practices) and Food Safety as outlined during their training.
Some machine centers REQUIRE Hand and Arm Protection to increase safety and minimize the opportunity for contamination. Company issued gloves and sleeves will be issued if determined necessary.
Manufacturing environment; Not temperature controlled - hot in summer and cold in winter (will need to dress appropriately). No jewelry or baggy clothes due to safety. YCC is a hearing protected facility, and ear protection (PPE’s) is required at all times when in the plant.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS CHECKLIST FOR
Production - Assistant Machine Operator
1. In a normal workday, the employee must be able to stand:
( ) little or no standing ( ) 1-4 hours ( ) 4-6 hours (X) 7+ hours
2. In a normal workday, the employee must be able to sit:
(X) little or no sitting ( ) 1-4 hours ( ) 4-6 hours ( ) 7+ hours
3. In a normal workday, the employee must be able to walk:
( ) little or no walking ( ) 1-4 hours ( ) 4-6 hours (X) 7+ hours
4. In a normal workday, the employee must be able to drive:
(X) little or no driving ( ) 1-4 hours ( ) 4-6 hours ( ) 7+ hours
5. In a normal workday, the employee must be able to lift/carry:
( ) 10 lbs. maximum; occasionally carry small objects – Sedentary Work
( ) 20 lbs. maximum; frequently lift/carry up to 10 lbs. – Light Work
(X) 50 lbs. maximum; frequently lift/carry up to 25 lbs. – Medium Work
( ) 75 lbs. maximum; frequently lift/carry up to 50 lbs. – Heavy Work
6. The employee must be able to use his/her upper extremities for repetitive:
Simple Grasping (X) Yes ( ) No
Pushing/Pulling (X) Yes ( ) No
Fine Manipulation (X) Yes ( ) No
|(67 - 100%)||(34 - 66%)||(0 - 33%)|
|Employee Must Be Able To:|
|Bend at the waist||____||__X__||____|
|Squat at the knees||____||__X__||____|
|Reach above shoulders||____||__X__||____|
|Use feet (foot controls)||____||____||__X__|
Error: No posts found.
Make sure this account has posts available on instagram.com.