Special Events and Marketing Associate
Reports to: Community Relations Mgr.
Status: Part-Time non-exempt Hours: 20 flexible
Duties: responsible for coordination of special events activities and assist CRM with marketing plan
Work with management to develop, implement and maintain an online marketing plan for fundraising and special events. These events currently include but are not limited to: BUCK A BOOK®, Bid a Book, and Literacy Empowerment Campaign.
Once established, track, and achieve marketing goals.
Assist in the planning, content, and design of marketing materials both printed and electronic.
Explore and present new marketing and growth opportunities.
Develop targeted marketing campaigns using a variety of platforms and track campaign success Assist in developing targeted marketing campaigns using a variety of platforms and track campaign success.
Assist in managing social media accounts.
Other duties as assigned.
BUCK A BOOK®
BUCK A BOOK® (BAB) is an annual reading program/fundraiser. School students read books for one week and recruit sponsors. YCLC provides prizes for participants. Schools can receive library books and assemblies. Business sponsors receive excellent marketing to the students and their families.
Organize, prepare and coordinate delivery of printed and digital materials to be distributed to and/or posted by York County School Districts.
Organize, track, and process BAB participation and prize awards including synchronize both online and envelopes. Also, prepare chart of school goals for calculating schools to receive books.
Work with Community Relations Manager to recruit all necessary volunteers for delivery, pickup and processing.
Responsible for data entry and subsequent reporting on all aspects of BAB campaign.
Attend BAB meetings.
Bid a Book Fundraiser
Create, launch and report a marketing plan around the Bid on a Book Fundraiser
Organize, track and process Bid on a Book participation
Work with Fund Development Committee to expand and enhance fundraiser
Attend Fund Development Committee meetings
Applicant must have:
1. excellent organizational and planning skills
2. detail-oriented aptitude
3. 2+ years of experience working social media networks including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Pinterest, and others
4. strong computer skills - proficiency with Microsoft Suite and database experience
5. ability to work in a fast-paced environment with high energy and a positive attitude
6. effective communication skills, both written and verbal in order to communicate well with diverse audiences in a professional and courteous manner
7. Clerical skills including typing of at least 40 wpm, accurately
1. ability to edit photos using Adobe Photoshop
2. ability to design using Adobe Illustrator
3. experience in conducting social media audits
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
Work environment is a normal office environment. Must be able to lift and carry up to 30#, some walking, standing, continual use of arms and hand to perform regular office assignments. Data Entry and charting for long periods of time.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
Send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Error: There is no connected account for the user 2898015464 Feed will not update.