Hearing Officer 2
The hearing officer will supervise a variety of case types and conduct hearings across court divisions, including family, juvenile, criminal, and other related proceedings in actions filed with the Court of Common Pleas of York County, Pennsylvania, and make recommendations to the Court for the resolution of the issues that have been raised in those actions.
- Schedule and conduct conferences with the parties and their attorneys to identify issues in the case, including any outstanding discovery and procedural problems, and issue a formal memorandum afterwards.
- Conduct conferences to attempt to resolve outstanding disputes
- Issue formal directives to parties and attorneys, where necessary, to resolve discovery disputes
- Impose legal sanctions for failure to comply with formal directives
- Meet with counsel, as needed, to facilitate scheduling of witnesses and resolve objections to exhibits and other issues related to the formal hearing
- Schedule and conduct formal court hearings on unresolved issues, administer oaths to witnesses, and rule on objections and admissibility of evidence
- Perform legal research in order to resolve issues and support conclusions of law
- Write reports to the Court of Common Pleas recommending resolution of issues and explaining the reasons for the recommendation, draft orders for the court to implement the recommended resolution, and direct the filing of the report
- Minimum of five years of experience as an attorney practicing law.
- Admission to practice law before the Unified Judicial System of Pennsylvania
- A working knowledge of family law-related issues, including custody, divorce, protection from abuse, financial transactions, real estate, pensions, state and federal income taxes, stocks, bonds, mutual funds, life insurance, annuities, trusts, inheritances, business valuation, and social security, unemployment and disability benefits
- A working knowledge of criminal law-related issues, including arraignments, bail review, and various aspects of Wellness/Treatment Courts
- A working knowledge of juvenile law-related issues, including juvenile delinquency and dependency
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office software
- Familiarity with Adobe Acrobat and website maintenance
- Clear background investigation
- $63,380.17 Annually
- Website www.yorkcountypa.gov
- Human Resources 717-771-9099
Error: There is no connected account for the user 2898015464 Feed will not update.