SR Enterprise Technology Administrator
Under general direction, the Support Services Manager will supervise the Support Services Technical staff. Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to: managing, oversight and supervising staff, support infrastructure and other desktop infrastructure upgrades, troubleshooting, and maintenance related to the desktop infrastructure and their business-critical applications. Will consult and advise the Director of Information Technology on announcements and upgrades to the various hardware and software platforms as they relate to York County Government. Will develop and implement policy and procedures over York County Government business processes to ensure service level agreements, support requests and customer satisfaction. This position reports to the Director of IT Technical Services.
- Oversight of software, hardware and appropriate maintenance contracts for the desktop and support infrastructure.
- Manage and co-ordinate the provision of IT Support Services and Audio Visual Service
- Serves as Manager for the IT Support Desk and ensures requests are addressed within agreed upon service level agreements and in a customer focused manner.
- Oversees and assists with the management of the daily operations of York County Government support infrastructure through system reports, error logs, and various utilities.
- Manage, oversee, and assign tasks and responsibilities of the Technical Support Services team.
- Responsible for the management and prioritization of desktop deployment projects.
- Responsible for developing and implementing change control processes for the Technical Support Services team to follow.
- Provides ad-hoc reporting and decision support required for management decision processes.
- Participates in establishing technical standards for desktops, laptops and other end user computing devices.
- Responsible for the overall configuration and management of all aspects of desktop systems including: managing the change management process associated with adds/moves/changes resulting from requests for desktop and support services within the organization; supporting ongoing capacity planning initiatives and responding to expansion requirements received from the business units.
- Create and maintain documentation for all desktop configurations, Maintain business continuity recovery documentation, implement efficient recovery procedures, identify software and hardware needs for a successful recovery, and distribute responsibility for
- executing the recovery tests; ensure that recovery of all desktop infrastructure can be accomplished within the determined time-frame.
- Recommend, prepare and present pertinent project material related to various evaluations of desktop and other end user technology and equipment.
- Participates in the selection, retention and development of personnel including interviewing, performance appraisals and promotion recommendations; develops programs and procedures for the training of personnel.
- Works on special I.T. projects as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Develops and implements policies and procedures for security compliance.
- Ensures that all documentation regarding the operation of York County’s security efforts are retained according to retention policies.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- Associate’s Degree required.
- Three (3) to Five (5) years of management experience and familiarity with current Desktop Infrastructure and End User Support principles and practices; or any equivalent combination of acceptable training and experience. Familiar with the following desktop infrastructure technologies:
- Desktop support technologies such as end point management and configuration, imaging tools, remote diagnostics and support services
- Knowledge of MS Server, MS Exchange, MS Office, and Active Directory
- Helpdesk techniques, tools and software
- Familiar with the following desktop technologies:
- Hardware/Software Asset tracking
- SCCM, SCOM and imaging tools
- Helpdesk support and self service
- Must demonstrate good organizational and communication skills in areas of procedure setting, equipment deployment and support as well as customer service.
- Establish and maintain cooperative relationships with co-workers, representatives of other County departments.
- Ability to work under high pressure circumstances.
- Ability to translate business needs and problems into equipment deployment schedules and provide technical solutions.
- Demonstrate strong managerial, delegation and leadership skills.
- Demonstrate strong teamwork, interpersonal, communications, and writing skills.
- Ability to understand the overall business model, processes and strategy, thus positioning the various teams to effectively apply technologies that clearly add value to the organization.
- Ability to interact with all levels of staffing from a planning or support perspective.
- Must have current and valid driver’s license.
- $58,685.32 Annually
- Website www.yorkcountypa.gov
- Human Resources 717-771-9214
Error: There is no connected account for the user 2898015464 Feed will not update.