IT Security Analyst
Under General direction the IT Security Analyst will complete specialized Information Technology Services (IT) work. Duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to: Monitor computer networks and systems for security issues, install security measures and operate software to protect systems and information infrastructure, document security breaches and assess the damage, work with IT Security team to perform tests and uncover security vulnerabilities. This position is responsible for the review and utilization of all available resources for the efficient operation and services of county IT equipment and to identify and resolve security vulnerabilities. Work is carried out under the direct supervision of the Information Technology Security Manager, within the framework of well-defined policies and procedures, and some independent judgment is exercised.
- Operating System Hardening and Security best practices.
- Install, upgrade and monitor antivirus software.
- Test and evaluate new security technology.
- Document and remediate incidents response.
- Experienced with penetration testing and techniques.
- Monitor firewall, IPS and other security infrastructure.
- Network and application vulnerability scanning.
- Provide security expertise to business applications ensuring they are deployed and implemented securely.
- Research and recommend short and long term changes and enhancements to the IT Security infrastructure.
- Documentation and destruction of IT equipment.
- Maintain all documentation pertaining to the network security infrastructure.
- Ensure that Security licensing is accurate and maintained.
- Adhere to the established change management procedures.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to identify and mitigate network vulnerabilities.
- Works on IT projects as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, the individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor's Degree Preferred.
- Associates Degree Required.
- Two (2) years of prior experience and familiarity with current IT security principles and practices; or any equivalent combination of acceptable training and experience.
- Familiar with the following technologies:
- IT security principles
- Knowledge of Microsoft Exchange, Microsoft Server and Active Directory
- TCP/IP, remote network access and VPN
- Network scanning products
- Review and interpret network scans
- Ability to make sense of firewall rules
- Ability to research, test, analyze and interpret highly complex technical data and provide recommendations.
- Ability to understand the overall business model, processes and strategy, thus positioning the team to effectively apply security technologies that protect the County.
- Establish and maintain cooperative relationships with co-workers, representatives of other County departments.
- Demonstrate strong teamwork, interpersonal, communications, and writing skills.
- A Pennsylvania Criminal Background check and fingerprints are required to be kept on file for any employee in this position.
- Ability to work under high pressure circumstances.
- Periodic visits to remote locations may be required.
- Requires valid Driver's License.
- Flexible hours.
- $39,940.27 Annually
- Website www.yorkcountypa.gov
- Human Resources 717-771-9099