IT Infrastructure Manager
Under general direction, the Infrastructure Manager will supervise the Infrastructure Technical staff. Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to: managing, oversight and supervising staff, server, networking infrastructure (LAN and WAN), telecommunications, firewalls and other infrastructure and security applications, infrastructure upgrades, troubleshooting, and maintenance related to the network infrastructure and their business-critical applications. Will consult and advise the Director of Information Technology on announcements and upgrades to the various infrastructure hardware and software platforms as they relate to York County Government. Will develop and implement policy and procedures over York County Government business processes to ensure service level agreements, support requests and customer satisfaction. This position reports to the Director of IT Technology.
- Oversight of software, hardware maintenance contracts for the network infrastructure, as well as contracts for infrastructure equipment and associated peripherals.
- Monitor all aspects of security evolving around the network infrastructure and applications.
- Oversees and assists with the management of the daily operations of York County Government computer infrastructure through system reports, error logs, and various utilities.
- Manage, oversee, and assign tasks and responsibilities of the Infrastructure Technical team.
- Responsible for the management and prioritization of infrastructure projects and deployments assigned to the Technical Services team.
- Responsible for the overall integrity, maintenance and changes to the network infrastructure.
- Responsible for developing and implementing change control processes for the Technical Services team to follow.
- Provides ad-hoc reporting and decision support required for management decision processes.
- Create supporting documentation for network infrastructure including: data infrastructure topology, voice infrastructure topology, infrastructure documentation and establish procedures.
- Participates in establishing technical standards for infrastructure components including: data, voice and network cable plant, and other miscellaneous communications services (e.g., wireless, videoconferencing, etc.).
- Responsible for the overall configuration and management of all aspects of voice communications including: managing the change management process associated with adds/moves/changes resulting from requests for telephone services within the organization; supporting ongoing capacity planning initiatives and responding to expansion requirements received from the business units, monitoring system performance and affect changes as required in response to changing requirements, and configuring/managing PBX, Voice Recording, Voice Mail, and Call Management Systems.
- Primary point of contact and coordinator for disaster recovery testing for infrastructure and telecommunications, voice, and data network; maintain disaster recovery documentation, implement efficient recovery procedures, identify software and hardware needs for a successful recovery, and distribute responsibility for executing the recovery tests; ensure that recovery of all core infrastructure can be accomplished within the determined time-frame.
- Recommend, prepare and present pertinent project material related to various evaluations of networking/telecommunication technology and equipment.
- Participates in the selection, retention and development of personnel including interviewing, performance appraisals and promotion recommendations; develops programs and procedures for the training of personnel.
- Works on special I.T. projects as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Develops and implements policies and procedures for security compliance.
- Ensures that all security measures are, and remain, in place.
- Ensures that all documentation regarding the operation of York County’s security efforts are retained according to retention policies.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- Associate’s Degree required.
- Three (3) to Five (5) years of management experience and familiarity with current Network Infrastructure and Telecommunications principles and practices; or any equivalent combination of acceptable training and experience. Familiar with the following infrastructure technologies:
- Cisco routers, network switches, wireless and Intrusion Prevention
- Cisco voice hardware and software
- Citrix and VMware
- Firewall Security, TCP/IP, remote network access and VPN
- Familiar with the following telecommunications technologies:
- Hardware/Software based PBX
- LAN/WAN Technologies
- Must have computer skills and be proficient in Microsoft Office Products. Must have knowledge of CISCO Products and Microsoft Active Directory.
- Must demonstrate good organizational and communication skills in areas of procedure setting and customer service.
- Establish and maintain cooperative relationships with co-workers, representatives of other County departments.
- Ability to work under high pressure circumstances.
- Ability to translate business needs and problems into infrastructure design and provide technical solutions.
- Demonstrate strong analytical, problem-solving, and decision-making skills.
- Demonstrate strong managerial, delegation and leadership skills.
- Strong negotiation and consulting skills.
- Demonstrate strong teamwork, interpersonal, communications, and writing skills.
- Ability to understand the overall business model, processes and strategy, thus positioning the various teams to effectively apply technologies that clearly add value to the organization.
- Ability to interact with all levels of staffing from a planning or support perspective.
- Must have current and valid driver’s license.
- $58,685.35 Annually
- Website www.yorkcountypa.gov
- Human Resources 717-771-9214
Error: There is no connected account for the user 2898015464 Feed will not update.