Information Services - Application Developer/Analyst 1
- Position Summary
Under general direction, the Application Developer/Analyst I will analyze business processes, design and create application software, procedures, forms and report definitions to enhance business processes. Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to: software development, software enhancements, troubleshooting, and maintenance related to applications. Will consult and advise the Data Center Manager on changes requested to custom applications. Will create end-user as well as application documentation. Considerable independent judgment is exercised. This position reports to the Data Center Manager.
- Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Analyze end-user needs and design, develop or procure, implement and test software to satisfy demand
- Analyze, and translate business requirements in functional and non-function system requirements
- Design user interfaces by using conceptual design techniques such as creating visual mockups, prototypes, and diagrams
- Develop and maintain new and existing web-based and client/server applications
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (verbal and written)
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Must be detail-oriented and logical
- Motivated to learn new business and technical concepts
- Troubleshooting and debugging applications.
- Familiar with the following Application Development tools:
- MS-.Net (C#)
- COGNOS REPORTS
- STANDARD QUERY LANGUGE (SQL)
- Ability to work well independently, or as part of a team to accomplish projects and goals.
- Create supporting documentation for software including but not limited to flowcharts, data file layouts, job procedures, and form requirements.
- Installation and Maintenance of third-party software applications as assigned.
- Essential Requirements
- Associate's Degree preferred.
- High school diploma required.
- Internship or one (1) year of Application Development experience and familiarity with current Application Development principles and practices; or any equivalent combination of acceptable training and experience.
- Must have current and valid driver's license.
- Must have computer skills and be proficient in Microsoft Office Products. Must have knowledge of Microsoft Development Studio using C#.
- Must demonstrate good organizational and communication skills in areas of procedure setting and customer service.
- Establish and maintain cooperative relationships with co-workers, representatives of other County departments.
Non-Civil Serive Position.
Apply online at www.yorkcountypa.gov.