Enterprise Technology Engineer
County of York
- Under General direction the Enterprise Technology Engineer will complete specialized Information Technology (IT) work. Duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to: Desktop support and network trouble shooting, general IT trouble shooting, repair and support of key county systems to include end point protection, e-mail and server hardware. This position is responsible for the review and utilization of all available resources for the efficient operation and services of county IT equipment and to resolve hardware, operating system, productivity software and network problems. Work is carried out under the direct supervision of the Networking and Telecommunications Manager, within the framework of well-defined policies and procedures, and some independent judgment is exercised.
- Review IT system anomalies and advise staff and users of appropriate corrective action.
- Work directly with users to resolve operational, hardware, application issues.
- Work with the support desk to manage incoming trouble calls, schedule required repair with third parties or support, and follow through to solution of the problem.
- Communicate with vendor's support avenues as needed to resolve software questions, problems, request updates, and request technical assistance.
- Maintain an up to date knowledge of all county computer and network configuration.
- Provide 24x7 support on a rotating basis.
- Investigate upgrades to computer systems hardware and software for future implementation.
- Review and recommend new or useful vendor or third party hardware and software.
- Assist in user network security profiles and auditing.
- Helpdesk operation
- Inventory management
- Logistics management
- Assist in training of interns and other technical staff
- Problem Escalation to senior technical staff
- Participation in application implementations which expand our distribution technology
- Performs analytical, technical and administrative work in the planning, design, installation and on-going administration of network systems including, evaluation of vendor products related to company needs and interaction with end users to determine hardware and software needs.
- Manage relationships between customers, user representatives, and service providers, both internal and external, including communications, prioritization, and coordination and allocation of resources
- Responsible for design, testing, configuration, implementation and Level 2 support of the environments.
- Works on IT projects as needed.
To perform this job successfully, the individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Associates Degree Preferred.
- Technical School training in Information Technology required.
- Two (2) years of prior experience and familiarity with current IT principles and practices; or any equivalent combination of acceptable training and experience.
- Familiar with the following technologies:
- Microsoft Windows and PC hardware, networking principles
- Knowledge of Microsoft Exchange, Microsoft Office, Microsoft Server and Active Directory
- TCP/IP, remote network access and VPN
- Requires valid Driver's License.
- Ability to research, test, analyze and interpret highly complex technical data and provide recommendations.
- Establish and maintain cooperative relationships with co-workers, representatives of other County departments.
- Ability to work under high pressure circumstances.
- Demonstrate strong teamwork, interpersonal, communications, and writing skills.
- Ability to understand the overall business model, processes and strategy, thus positioning the team to effectively apply technologies that clearly add value to the organization.
- Ability to interact with all levels of staffing from a planning or support perspective.
- A Pennsylvania Criminal Background check and fingerprints are required to be kept on file for any employee in this position.
- Periodic visits to remote locations may be required.
- Flexible hours.