Under the general direction of VP IT, the Applications Developer position helps develop and innovate the company’s information applications to achieve optimum user efficiency while providing accurate and adequate data and functionality to support all user needs. Responsible for both back-end and front-end application development and full-stack development. Working alongside and collaborating with applications developer staff, responsible for creating new, and supporting existing, applications developed in Access and ASP.net utilizing SQL server databases. Recommends appropriate applications, functions, and tools to fulfill user and company demands, create and maintain documentation, and provide training. Incumbent works directly with applications developer staff and all levels of employees.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Collaboratively plan, program, implement and maintain database systems.
- Analyzes users' needs. Recommends appropriate application solutions to meet users' needs and departmental standards.
- Develop web-based applications to directly replace existing Access applications.
- Work directly with SQL server databases to obtain or create data tables, view, stored procedures, and functions.
- Develop and maintain web-based applications including Company website, sales rep portal, and b2b & b2c e-commerce solutions.
- Develop API functions which can be used across all applications and platforms.
- Develop and maintain existing Access applications.
- Program application security features on local and cloud-hosted platforms.
- Develops, maintains and updates a library of technical documentation.
- Works with cross-functional teams in the design and implementation of information systems. Assists in the training of other information systems personnel on developed applications.
- Keeps current on new developments and techniques in application development.
- Minimum of three years of related work experience, with a minimum of one year of experience programming ASP and working with SQL databases.
- Experience with Access VBA is required.