Casino Housekeeper Deep Cleaner Part Time
Hollywood Casino at Penn National Race Course
A career in gaming? At Hollywood Casino at Penn National Race Course we think you’ll enjoy an exciting industry, fast-paced days and nights, diverse, enthusiastic co-workers, unlimited growth and support from one of the leaders in the industry.
An individual could be successful if they possess the following.
Your daily responsibilities include
- Ensures all public areas are cleaned and maintained on the night shift.
- Ensures employee and patron satisfaction is achieved through teamwork.
- Performs to exceptional high standards the cleaning duties in public and back of the house areas, as assigned, in order to achieve the cleanest, comfortable experience for our guest and fellow staff, in order to assist in reaching profitability, guest satisfaction, workforce strength and compliance goals.
- Perform general cleaning duties in public areas of the Casino Facility. Areas may also include Casino gaming floor, banquet rooms, restaurants, retail shops, elevators, escalators and back-of-house employee locations (e.g. locker rooms, administrative offices etc.)
Carpet cleaning in halls & corridors, unobstructed and obstructed space by cleaning edges, spot cleaning and shampooing with specialized equipments, as directed.
Clean hard floor surfaces in halls & corridors, unobstructed and obstructed spaces by dust mopping, wet mop & rinse, using equipment as directed.
Perform dusting and polishing duties on slot machines, art works, pictures, walls, columns, stair wells, baseboards, waste cans, furniture and fixtures to the highest established standards.
Perform cleaning duties on windows and doors while utilizing tools to achieve established high standards.
Remove all trash and debris, clean all trash cans in assigned zone areas.
Prompt attention to cleaning up spills or accidents or debris.
Conduct all guest and staff interactions in a pleasant and helpful manner and be knowledgeable of and forthright with information about our property and services.
Maintain a clean working area at all times and ensure that equipment and work materials are not left in an unsafe or unsightly manner.
To be successful in this position it will require the following skill set
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he/she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using combination of knowledge, skills, and abilities
- Must have the ability to read, write and speak English.
Must have the ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from guests
Must be able to read and interpret documents, such as safety rules and operating and maintenance instructions.
Must have the ability to present information and respond to questions from employees and guests.
Must be able to read and write to facilitate the communication process
- Must have the ability to interpret a variety of instructions (i.e., written, oral, etc.)
- Must qualify for a license with the Pennsylvania State Racing Commission and meet any credentialing requirements of the Pennsylvania Gaming Control Board.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Walking 40% of the time
Standing 30% of the time
Bending and lifting 30% of the time
Climbing up heights in excess of 10 feet
Lifting/moving maximum of 5 to 75 lbs.
Ability to see 20/20, color, and/or peripherally
Must be able to push and pull carts and equipment up to 75 lbs. on a regular bases and continuing basis
Vision occurs continuously with the most common visual functions being those of near vision and depth perception
- Requires manual dexterity to use and operate necessary equipment
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- This is a smoking environment in guest areas and a non-smoking, with the exception of designated areas, employee environment.
- Must be able to work in various weather conditions
- Work with toxic fumes and/or chemicals
- High Noise Level
- Talking and hearing occur continuously in the process of communicating with guests, supervisors and other employees.
- Regular attendance in conformance with the standards, which may be established from time to time, is essential to the successful performance of this position. Employees with irregular attendance will be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment.
- Due to the cyclical nature of the hospitality industry, employees may be required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the Casino Facility. In addition, attendance at all scheduled training sessions and meetings is required
- Upon employment, all employees are required to fully comply with department rules and regulations for the safe and effective operation of the Casino facility. Employees who violate Casino rules and regulations will be subject to disciplinary actions, up to and including termination of employment.