Social Worker - MSW - Home Health - PRN
The Social Worker assists and counsels patients and families with financial, social and emotional concerns. The Social Worker aids patients and their families with personal and environment difficulties which interfere with obtaining maximum benefits from home health care. The social worker assists in coordinating discharge plans for home health patients.
Requirements and Responsibilities:
Education & Qualifications
- Education: Master’s or doctoral degree from a school of Social Work accredited by the Council of Social Work Education.
- Experience: Minimum one year of experience in social work in a health care setting
- Licensure, Registration, and/or Certification:
- Licensed as a social worker in Pennsylvania preferred.
- Must possess valid PA driver’s license.
- Must have the use of an automobile in good working condition and automobile insurance, per state guidelines.
- Satisfactory criminal background check.
- Maintains current CPR certification.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provides social work in accordance with the home health plan of treatment/plan of care.
- Assists the physician and other members of the home health team to understand the significance of social and emotional factors related to the patient’s care.
- Assesses and reassesses social and emotional factors in order to help the patient and family to cope with problems of daily living and to help them follow medical recommendations to maximize the patient’s health condition relative to their prognosis.
- Recognizes and utilizes community and family resources to assist the patient in long-term plans for life in the community or to learn to live within the patient’s disability.
- Counsels patients and families concerning the facilitation of the medical plan of treatment.
- Within 72 hours of referral, develops the plan of care with the physician, home health team, and patient/family to deal with personal, financial and environmental difficulties that may interfere with the health and wellness continuum.
- Assists and participates in discharge planning for the patient.
- Develops, prepares, maintains and submits individualized patient care progress records with accuracy, timeliness and according to agency policies.
- Maintains continuity of patient care with other health professionals and community resources.
- Attends/coordinates patient care conferences. Initiates patient conferences of complex family and patients whose needs require measures beyond routine care conferences.
- Assists with orientation of new personnel and education of all staff as assigned.
- Understands the goals, functions objectives and operations of OSS Health At Home as outlined in the policies to ensure appropriate functioning of the agency.
- Utilizes supplies and personnel in a responsible, cost-effective manner to achieve patient outcomes.
- Demonstrates knowledge and ability to care for patients utilizing a developmental perspective.
- Meet or exceed delivery of OSS Health At Home service standards in a consistent fashion.
- Adhere to OSS Health at Home’s Code of Conduct.
- Comply with local, state and federal laws, Medicare Home Health regulations and established OSS Health At Home policies and procedures.
- Must maintain a professional attitude and demeanor and be able to communicate effectively and relate courteously and cooperatively with patients, caregivers, colleagues, supervisor, co-workers and all others.
- Must be able to demonstrate optimism, enthusiasm and willingness to work constructively with other health care team members and reflect concern for the well-being of patients and others.
- To view and apply for our job opportunities, please go to our website osshealth.com and select - Join our Team!
- please go to our website osshealth.com and select - Careers