In order for your application to be considered, please submit a cover letter answering the following question.
Describe a situation or circumstance where you had to combine and consider multiple professional and personal viewpoints, in order to address a specific issue.
The senior director leads the system in developing and implementing an innovative and impactful community health and vulnerable population strategy, using both community health assessment and social determinant data to guide priorities.
As the Senior Director, you will establish an integrated function which guides efforts across the system and in local communities, working as one with community organizations and WellSpan leaders to impact short-term and long-term improvement at both the community and population level, especially among those who are most vulnerable.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Leads the system in developing, implementing and evaluating system-wide community health and vulnerable population strategies.
2. Conducts a community health needs assessment process and ensures ongoing assessment of need and impact using WellSpan and community data and research.
3. Leads a team in developing strong working relationships with social service and community partners including establishing new ways of partnering for greater impact.
4. Supports care delivery teams in developing public health strategies to improve quality, including decreasing unnecessary medical utilization.
5. Works collaboratively with WellSpan Philhaven to ensure behavioral health resources and planning work in concert with other efforts for community health and in support of vulnerable populations.
6. Works collaboratively with case management and others to develop support systems which address social determinants as a standard element of care. This could include patient identification and screening, navigation, resource connections, data and evaluation, and community partnerships. In conjunction with this work, collaborate with teams managing at-risk payer populations (ex. MSSP, WellSpan) and Care Contracting to ensure planning and care is maximizing principles of community health and social determinants and that current and future payer contracts inform prioritization decisions in planning efforts.
7. Provides oversight in impact investments in community health by administering the Community Partnership grants program and coordinating with Summit Health Endowment.
8. Position WellSpan as a leader in community health regionally and nationally.
9. Develop measurement mechanism of short term and longer-term outcomes that are routinely shared across WellSpan for decision making and process improvement.
10. Ensures requirements regarding Community Health Needs Assessment, Community Health Plan and Reporting are met including developing and managing effective systems to measure, track and report System community benefit, in compliance with industry practices.
11. Manages the activities of the System’s Community Health and Wellness and vulnerable population staff, providing administrative leadership to the System’s sponsored health coalitions.
10 Years of experience as a strategic leader within community health and vulnerable population (Manager or Director level roles)
Experience with change management initiatives and impact/outcome models
Min Field Of Expertise
Public health, health administration or education
Experienced and has overseen staff, managers and directors in previous roles.