Community Services Group (CSG) is recruiting for a Program Specialist for our Adult Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities (IDD) Community Home Services (Residential Program) in Lancaster, PA.
We are looking for a caring and compassionate person to join our team of dedicated professionals and enjoy a rewarding career helping to improve the lives of others! Help us ensure the individuals' health, safety, and welfare while enhancing the quality of their lives and promoting community inclusion.
At CSG a Program Specialist is responsible for the completion and coordination of the individual's assessment, for the development, review, update, and revision of the ISP, and the implementation of goal plans in the areas of independent functioning, physical development, communication skills, academic, adaptive behavior, community skills and daily living skills in order to promote greater independence.
To be successful as a Program Specialist you must have strong communication skills and the ability to multitask while providing guidance to direct support staff. The ability to create a team oriented and supportive work environment is required to help our staff enjoy & grow their careers with CSG!
Since 1972, CSG has aspired to help people reach their highest potential through effective, efficient and innovative Intellectual and Developmental Disability (IDD/ASD) and Mental Health (MH) Services. Our team of professionals focuses on our Core Values of Dignity, Diversity, Responsibility, Integrity and Excellence while providing person-centered, community based services. As one of the largest human services agencies in PA, CSG strives to be the provider and employer of choice. At CSG, you will get to make a difference everyday while gaining the skills and opportunities you deserve. Use your creativity and compassion to assist others to experience life to its fullest!
This is a Full-Time Position (40 hrs/wk) with Monday to Friday Hours. It does require the ability to work flexible hours to meet individual's and program's needs and will include rotating on-call.
CSG offers our team members:
- Industry competitive compensation.
- Medical, Dental, Prescription & Life Insurance (Available for employees, spouses and domestic partners who qualify). Vision Insurance (Available for employees who qualify).
- Up to 4 weeks of Paid Time Off (PTO) based on weekly scheduled hours & Other Paid Leave.
- Career Advancement, Paid Training & Transfer Program.
- 401K (Up to 4% company match), Flexible Spending Accounts & Credit Union Membership.
- Travel Reimbursement, Wellness Initiatives, Employee Assistance Programs, Tuition Assistance & more!
Insurance & Benefits availability will vary based on position and schedule.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides training to new employees and is part of the orientation and on the job training.
- Coordinates and completes initial and on-going assessments of individuals.
- Coordinates and develops, reviews, and ensures implementation of individual support plans.
- Works collaboratively with other professionals involved in the individual's services, such as behavior specialists or therapists, to ensure plans are implemented and progress documented.
- Develops and ensures implementation of planned program activities.
- Coordinates and serves as team leader in multidisciplinary team meetings pertaining to the individual's service plan.
- Collaborates and cooperates with individuals, family members, other provider agencies, and advocates.
- Utilizes local resources to promote involvement in community activities, including volunteer opportunities.
- Develops educational and training materials, presents educational materials on various aspects of programs and provides assistance to staff related to Person-Centered Planning, ISPs, Outcomes and Self-Determination.
- Along with the Program Manager and Program Supervisor, provides support and training to new hires on the program planning process, as well as instruction in outcomes documentation, and teaching strategies on outcomes.
- Participates in interdisciplinary team meetings.
- Monitors compliance to all regulatory standards related to ISPs and programming.
- Reports and enters incidents as outlined in the Incident Management Bulletin and CSG's policy on Incident Management.
- Assist in the development of data collection methods to report and monitor program activities and analyzes data to determine if the activities provided are meeting program outcomes.
- Provides coverage in emergency situations, per the Program Director's request.
- Completes all assigned administrative tasks relative to the program.
- May participate in the company's on-call system. (Community Homes and Community-Based Program Managers only)
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Must have one of the following Minimum Education, Credentials, and Experience:
- A master's degree or above from an accredited college or university and 1 year of work experience working directly with individuals with mental illness/intellectual and developmental disabilities; OR
- A bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university and 2 years of work experience working directly with individuals with mental illness/intellectual and developmental disabilities; OR
- An associate's degree or 60 credit hours from an accredited college or university and 4 years of work experience working directly with individuals with mental illness/intellectual and developmental disabilities.
- Must be able to work flexible hours to meet individual's and program's needs.
- Must have a valid driver's license, good driving record, and access to a reliable vehicle to attend trainings and meetings.
- Must be able to travel to trainings/meetings upon request of program director.
- Provide support and assistance in interactions in the community, while maintaining sensitivity to the rights and dignity of the individual.
- Must have the ability to obtain clearances as defined by regulations.
This position is a great opportunity to use your degree and IDD or MH direct care experience to grow your career with one of the largest Human Services Providers in PA. CSG provides training and mentorship!
Apply today to Join our Team!
A World of Career Opportunities Awaits You at CSG! Together, We Can Do Great Things!
Community Services Group is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer supporting Workforce Diversity.