Community Services Group (CSG) is looking for caring and compassionate leaders to join our team of dedicated professionals and enjoy a rewarding career helping to improve the lives of others in the Lehigh Valley.
We are recruiting for Program Managers for CSG's Adult Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities (IDD) Community Participation Support Services (Day Services) in Bethlehem and Schnecksville (Whitehall Township), PA. Help us ensure the individuals' health, safety, and welfare while enhancing the quality of their lives and promoting community inclusion.
These are Full-Time Positions (40 hrs/wk) with typical Monday to Friday - 8:30AM - 4:30PM hours; some evenings may be required.
At CSG a Program Manager performs professional staff work assisting in the supervision of intellectual and developmental disability Community Participation Support Services, Community Homes, Community-Based or LifeSharing services at the direction of the Program Director and in the absence of the Program Director.
To be successful as a Program Manager you must have strong leadership and communication skills as well as the ability to multitask while providing supervision and guidance to direct support staff. The ability to create a team oriented and supportive work environment is required to help our staff enjoy & grow their careers with CSG!
Since 1972, CSG has aspired to help people reach their highest potential through effective, efficient and innovative Intellectual and Developmental Disability (IDD/ASD) and Mental Health (MH) Services. Our team of professionals focuses on our Core Values of Dignity, Diversity, Responsibility, Integrity and Excellence while providing person-centered, community based services. As one of the largest human services agencies in PA, CSG strives to be the provider and employer of choice. At CSG, you will get to make a difference everyday while gaining the skills and opportunities you deserve. Use your creativity and compassion to assist others to experience life to its fullest!
CSG offers our team members:
- Industry competitive compensation.
- Medical, Dental, Prescription & Life Insurance (Available for employees, spouses and domestic partners who qualify). Vision Insurance (Available for employees who qualify).
- Up to 4 weeks of Paid Time Off (PTO) based on weekly scheduled hours & Other Paid Leave.
- Career Advancement, Paid Training & Transfer Program.
- 401K (Up to 4% company match), Flexible Spending Accounts & Credit Union Membership.
- Travel Reimbursement, Wellness Initiatives, Employee Assistance Programs, Tuition Assistance & more!
Insurance & Benefits availability will vary based on position and schedule.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Communicates and fosters company values and philosophies.
- Assists the Program Director with general program management.
- Supervises Program Supervisors (Community Homes, Community Participation Supports and Community-Based Program Managers, only).
- Monitors and evaluates performance according to the company's performance management policies and procedures.
- Monitors program and staff compliance to all company policies and procedures and all regulatory standards.
- Acts as hiring manager, collaborates and cooperates with hiring specialist in interviewing, hiring, orienting, and training supervisors and direct support staff. Completes all interview documents and returns to the hiring specialist.
- Recommends and takes corrective action to ensure quality work performance of immediate staff.
- Directs and ensures effectiveness of program's daily operations.
- Ensures the individuals' health, safety, and welfare.
- Provides training related to Incident Management and enters incidents as outlined in the Incident Management Bulletin and CSG's policy on Incident Management.
- Provides training, including Medication Administration Training, as required.
- Ensures individual health and medical needs are met and updates individuals' Lifetime Medical History on an annual basis.
- Ensures that the community homes and facility work environments are safe, well maintained and free from hazards, as applicable.
- Supports Program Supervisors in managing coverage in the homes adhering to programmatic requirements and guidelines.
- Participates in the company's on-call system. (Community Homes and Community-Based Program Managers only)
- Enhances quality of the individuals' lives by promoting inclusion, recovery and integration into the community.
- Provides leadership to the team supporting the individuals, including providing direction on implementing principles of normalization, positive approaches, and self-determination, etc.
- Facilitates regular staff meetings and ensures communication with and from company management.
- Participates in the development of individual assessments, service plans, behavioral plans and recovery plans.
- Ensures implementation of individual program and behavioral plans and activities.
- Oversees the maintenance and completion of documentation required by the company, state or federal regulations, etc.
- Transports individuals in personal or company vehicles for meetings, appointments or community activities.
- Serves as an active member of the service team in the coordination of services.
- Participates in monitorings with Support Coordination agencies.
- Develops and maintains cooperative relationships with family members, county and state personnel, other service providers, medical professionals, etc.
- Assists in data collection to report and monitor program activities and analyzes data to determine if the activities provided are meeting program outcomes.
- Accounts for the management of program budgets and petty cash, as applicable to the program.
- Maintains responsibility for all financial transactions on behalf of CSG and the individuals and follows all policies and procedures related to financial requirements.
- Oversees and maintains records pertaining to inventory, both for company owned property and possessions belonging to individuals, as applicable to the program.
- Performs job responsibilities of the Program Supervisors directly (Residential and Community Based) or Lifesharing Specialists (Lifesharing), when required.
- Provides coverage in emergency situations.
- Other duties as assigned.
Minimum Education, Credentials, and Experience:
Must have one of the following:
- Master's degree from an accredited college or university, 1 year experience working directly with persons with mental illness/intellectual and developmental disabilities and 1 year supervisory experience; OR
- A bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university, 2 years of experience working directly with persons with mental illness/intellectual and developmental disabilities and 1 year supervisory experience; OR
- An associate's degree or 60 credit hours from an accredited college or university, 4 years of experience working directly with persons with mental illness/intellectual and developmental disabilities and 1 year supervisory experience; OR
- High school diploma or equivalency, 6 years of work experience working directly with persons with mental illness/intellectual and developmental disabilities and 1 year supervisory experience.
Must have all of the following:
- Must be able to work flexible hours to meet individual's and program's needs.
- Must have a valid driver's license, good driving record, and access to a reliable vehicle to attend trainings, meetings, and/or transport individual to appointments.
- Must be able to travel to trainings/meetings upon request of program director.
- Must be able to drive passenger vans and accompany individuals into the community and provide support and assistance in interactions in the community while maintaining sensitivity to the rights and dignity of the individual.
- Must have the ability to obtain clearances as defined by regulations.
Apply today to grow your Career with CSG! This position is a great opportunity for a residential supervisor, assistant program director or program director who wants to expand their career.
A World of Career Opportunities Awaits You at CSG! Together, We Can Do Great Things!
Community Services Group is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer supporting Workforce Diversity.