Community Services Group (CSG) is recruiting for a Program Director for our Adult Mental Health (MH) Services in York County. We are looking for a caring, motivated leader to join our team of dedicated professionals and enjoy a rewarding career helping to grow and enhance the lives of others!
This position will manage CSG's Long Term Structured Residence (LTSR) Program in Spring Grove and Enhanced Community Residential Rehabilitation (ECRR) Program in York.
The Program Director is a member of the corporation's Leadership and is a resource person for mental health services as designated by the senior program director. The Program Director is a member of Leadership Forum and other operating committees as assigned. The work of the Program Director is professional, administrative, and managerial work directing the operations of a program for individuals with mental illness.
To be successful in this position you must have strong leadership and communication skills; the ability to multitask while providing supervision and guidance to staff; and the ability to provide direct care as needed. The ability to create a team oriented and supportive work environment is required to help our staff enjoy and grow their careers with CSG!
Since 1972, CSG has aspired to help people reach their highest potential through effective, efficient and innovative Intellectual and Developmental Disability (IDD/ASD) and Mental Health (MH) Services. Our team of professionals focuses on our Core Values of Dignity, Diversity, Responsibility, Integrity and Excellence while providing person-centered, community based services. As one of the largest human services agencies in PA, CSG strives to be the provider and employer of choice. At CSG, you will get to make a difference everyday while gaining the skills and opportunities you deserve. Use your creativity and compassion to assist others to experience life to its fullest!
This is a full-time (40 hr/wk) position. Must be able to work flexible hours to meet individual's and program's needs.
CSG offers our team members:
- Industry competitive compensation.
- Medical, Dental, Prescription & Life Insurance (Available for employees, spouses and domestic partners who qualify). Vision Insurance (Available for employees who qualify).
- Up to 4 weeks of Paid Time Off (PTO) based on weekly scheduled hours & Other Paid Leave.
- Career Advancement, Paid Training & Transfer Program.
- 401K (Up to 4% company match), Flexible Spending Accounts & Credit Union Membership.
- Travel Reimbursement, Wellness Initiatives, Employee Assistance Programs, Tuition Assistance & more!
Insurance & Benefits availability will vary based on position and schedule.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Participates in the corporate decision making process.
- Manages program and staff in compliance with company policies and procedures and all regulatory standards.
- Serves as a primary representative to all outside agencies.
- Develops program budget and monitors financial growth of program.
- Supervises location operations.
- Interviews, hires, plans, organizes, trains, and directs the work of staff.
- Oversees the performance management of all staff.
- Oversees incident management and follow-up.
- Oversees the investigation and resolution of program issues.
- Approves leaves, schedules personnel, and authorizes or assigns overtime.
- Reviews and evaluates the educational and training needs of staff and arranges for further training.
- Consults with program psychiatrist, or other delegated professionals, regarding clinical, medical and programmatic issues.
- Ensures appropriate coordination of services/ treatment and follow up.
- Oversees daily program and or staff schedule.
- Oversees the development of data collection methods to report and monitor program activities, analyzes data to determine if the activities provided are meeting program goals.
- Operationalizes compliance with sanctioned philosophical and conceptual approaches.
- Participates in quality assurance/quality management (QM) activities related to the programs specified in the QM plan.
- Develops program policy and helps to coordinate it with overall company and program goals, directs the daily operations, evaluates results, and recommends changes in programs.
- Maintain 24/7 availability to the staff so emergencies may be minimized and that care may be constant and effective.
- Respond to emergency situations and provide leadership.
- Monitors treatment activities and recommends improvement as needed.
- Monitors delivery of services to maintain quality of care.
- Provides treatment services and consulting services.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Minimum Education, Credentials, and Experience:
- Must have a Master's degree in a generally recognized clinical discipline.
- Must have 2 years of mental health clinical experience.
- Must also be registered, licensed or certified to practice their profession, if that profession is governed by a registration, licensing, or certification board in this Commonwealth.
- Must have supervisory experience.
- Must be able to work flexible hours to meet individual's and program's needs.
- Must have a valid driver's license, good driving record, and access to a reliable vehicle to attend trainings, meetings, and/or transport individual to appointments.
- Must be able to travel to trainings/meetings upon request, which may include occasional overnight stays.
- Must have the ability to obtain clearances as defined by regulations.
- Work on-call to meet service line needs
Apply Today to Join our Team!
A World of Career Opportunities Awaits You at CSG! Together, We Can Do Great Things!
Community Services Group is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer supporting Workforce Diversity.