The Nurse Practitioner at The Ranch Pa Treatment Center provides direct patient care, including the reporting of observed changes in mental status and/or physical condition, responds to patient emergencies and ensures overall high standards for patient care. This is a contract position.
• Coordinates with attending physicians to ensure all admission orders are addressed and appropriate ancillary assessments and services are provided.
• Completes documentation timely and accurately, including, transcription of orders, medication logs, discharge paperwork, and status of patient treatment plans.
• Properly reviews and maintains documentation and management of medications.
• Development and implementation of quality assurance for infection control, nursing, pharmaceutical, ancillary, and laboratory services
• Attendance and participation in terms of treatment planning conferences and professional staff meetings
• Orientation and training of staff regarding pharmaceutical and physical health services, infection control, and CPR & First Aid instruction
• Maintains are required for training, education and practical experience for state standards, certifications and licensing.
• Current and valid state license as Nurse Practitioner.
• A minimum of one (1) year of experience working with patients in the in a mental health or psychiatric environment.
• Excellent communication skills
Ability to collaborate with all physicians and staff.
• A thorough understanding of documentation and the ability to complete all documentation accurately and timely.
• Two years' work experience in the field of Chemical Dependency is preferred.
• CPR/First Aid Certification is required for this position. If not CPR/First Aid certified at time of hire, certification must be obtained within the state mandated time frame after first day of employment.Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled