LPN - Internal Medicine - FT
Assist in all aspects of the medical practice under the direct supervision of a physician with both clinical and clerical responsibilities.
Requirements and Responsibilities:
Education & Qualifications
- High school diploma or GED and graduate of an accredited Licensed Practical Nursing program.
- Three or more years of relevant clinical experience in a medical office or hospital setting (Orthopaedic, ER or Urgent Care experience strongly preferred).
- The ideal candidate will have excellent independent clinical knowledge and oral communication, medical terminology, typing, grammar and spelling skills.
- On-the-job experience with medical computer software in a clinical setting is necessary to be considered.]
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assists in examination and treatment of patients.
- Interviews patients, measures vital signs and types information and histories in Medent.
- Prepares treatment rooms for examination of patients.
- Removes staples and sutures.
- Prepares injections and assists physician with the administration of injections
- Assists in applying/removing casts.
- Wound care.
- Enters appropriate ICD-9 and CPT codes into PC.
- Completes necessary paperwork and schedules surgeries and appointments.
- Telephone or electronic submission of prescriptions to pharmacy as ordered by the physician.
- Educates patients and assists with patient inquiries regarding medication and pre & post-operative treatment.
- Assists team leaders with patient care duties, as delegated.
- To view and apply for our job opportunities, please go to our website osshealth.com and select - Join our Team!
- please go to our website osshealth.com and select - Careers