Licensed Practical Nurse/LPN - FT
Assists in all aspects of the medical practice under the direct supervision of a physician.
Requirements and Responsibilities:
- High school diploma or its equivalent required.
- Current license by the State of Pennsylvania as a Licensed Practical Nurse required.
- Two (2) years of experience working in a medical practice or hospital setting required.
- Current certification in basic life support (BLS) required, or the ability to obtain before working independently with patients.
- Computer literacy and the ability to effectively and accurately use the electronic medical records system; on the job EMR experience required.
- Independent judgment is necessary to work in accordance with department practices and general directives received by Management.
- Effective and efficient organization and time management skills.
- Excellent communication skills, which frequently involve collaborating with physicians, management/leadership and other organizational personnel.
- An ability to work independently and utilize time management, prioritization, and multi-tasking skills.
- An ability to alter schedule to accommodate departmental needs as required.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assists in examination and treatment of patients.
- Interviews patients, measures vital signs and types information and histories in EMR.
- Prepares treatment rooms for examination of patients.
- Prepares injections and assists physician with the administration of injections.
- Performs phlebotomy and assists with minor procedures in the office.
- Provides wound care to patients as needed.
- Enters appropriate codes into EMR.
- Completes necessary paperwork and schedules surgeries and appointments.
- Provides telephonic or electronic submissions of prescriptions to pharmacy as ordered by the physician.
- Educates patients and assists with patient inquiries regarding medication and pre & post-operative treatment.
- Acts as agent for licensed provider.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 1 - Full-time – Monday – Friday - Varied hours and schedule between 8:30 am-8:30 pm
- To view and apply for our job opportunities, please go to our website osshealth.com and select - Join our Team!
- please go to our website osshealth.com and select - Join our Team