Food Service Attendant/Prep Cook
Requirements and Responsibilities:
Education & Qualifications
- High School Graduate or GED preferred
- Must have a friendly cooperative attitude toward patients, visitors and all OSS Health staff.
- Must have effective verbal communication, reading, basic math and writing skills.
- Must be able to comprehend and follow both written and verbal instructions and understand English language.
- Basic knowledge of the regulatory requirements of food handling and preparation required.
- Demonstrated willingness to work in a team environment.
- Must have the ability to learn how to utilize the tools and equipment appropriate for this position.
- ServSafe certified, or the ability to obtain within 6 months of employment if covering weekend cooking responsibilities.
- Level I:
- Previous experience in a relevant field is strongly preferred but not required.
- Level II:
- A minimum of (3) years of relevant experience required.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Answers phone calls from patients and takes orders. May serve the patient.
- Prepares customer orders, including cooking food requiring short preparation time and according to customer requirements. Serves customer.
- Provides the highest quality of service to patients and customers at all times.
- Prepares salads, fruits and desserts, including mixing ingredients for green salads and fruit salads.
- Cleans vegetables, fruits and berries for salads, relishes and gelatin desserts.
- Sets-up food stations, reads menus and checks production.
- Operates a variety of kitchen utensils to weigh, measure, wash, peel, cut and season foods for serving and storing.
- Properly stores food, utilizing knowledge of temperature requirements and spoilage.
- Inspects food workstations for compliance with service standards. Cleans and sanitizes workstations and equipment following all Sodexo, OSS Health and regulatory rules and procedures.
- Completes the daily duties noted on the appropriate checklist (opening or closing).
- Keeps records and requisitions for supplies/equipment as needed.
- Follows Sodexo cash handling policies and procedures.
- May assist in locating, reconciling and verifying the accuracy of transactions and operates point of sale equipment.
- Attends in-service programs and department meetings as requested.
- Communicates with all staff members in an accurate and timely manner.
- Reports actual or potential wrongdoing to management in a timely fashion.
- Participates in and coordinates with organizational processes to collect and evaluate information about hazards and safety practices that are used to identify safety management issues. Adheres to established policies and procedures, which may include wearing or personal protective equipment.
- Level II:
- Trains and mentors newly hired staff.
- Other duties as assigned.
- To view and apply for our job opportunities, please go to our website osshealth.com and select - Join our Team!
- please go to our website osshealth.com and select - Careers