Environmental Services Tech - FT
Responsible for daily cleaning and supplying of patient rooms, nursing stations, lounges, laboratories, bathrooms, offices, departments and other areas assigned using appropriate chemicals within standard procedures of the Environmental Services Department. Includes daily floor maintenance of hard surface floors and carpeted floors. Required to process all general and medical waste for the hospital using the prescribed method per policy.
Requirements and Responsibilities:
Education & Qualifications
- A High School diploma or equivalent is preferred.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Adheres to the code of ethics at all times to include regard for patient confidentiality.
- Distributes needed replacement supplies.
- Performs cleaning functions in assigned areas following established schedules and using prescribed methods.
- High Dusts all surfaces that collect dust. Sanitizes all furniture and spot cleans walls and windows. Cleans and remakes beds upon patient discharge.
- Bathroom Cleaning – sanitizes and polishes fixtures and restocks supplies.
- Trash – empties, damp wipes and relines all receptacles.
- Dry mops, spot mops and wet mops floors. Cleans corners and baseboards. Buffs floors with buffer or burnishes with Burnisher.
- Vacuums and edges carpets with corridor vacuum, upright vacuum, tank vacuum, or other equipment provided.
- Scrubs floors with automatic floor scrubber.
- Transports waste (general, infectious, hazardous, and recyclable) from utility rooms and other collection points to designated areas. Waste to be compacted; when applicable certain wastes will be grinded/shredded, or placed in containers for storage until appropriate waste disposal vendor picks up.
- Changes cubicles and drapes.
- Maintains, cleans and properly uses assigned equipment and has repairs made when needed.
- Observes and reports the need to repair equipment, furniture and building fixtures.
- Responds to emergency calls or codes and follows established procedures.
- Moves furniture and sets up meeting rooms.
- Assists in cleaning of emergency spills/floods that are observed or requested.
- Complies with organizational integrity through raising questions and promptly reporting actual or potential wrongdoing.
- Proactively communicates with all staff members in an accurate and timely manner.
- Stocks all departments requiring Linen per established par-levels.
- Participates in and coordinates with organizational process to collect and evaluate information about hazards and safety practices that are used to identify safety management issues. Adheres to established policies and procedures, which may include wearing of personal protective equipment.
- Completes other duties as assigned by designated supervisor or determined by Department needs.
- To view and apply for our job opportunities, please go to our website osshealth.com and select - Join our Team!
- please go to our website osshealth.com and select - Careers