Community Services Group (CSG) is looking for caring and compassionate people to join our team of dedicated professionals and enjoy a rewarding career helping to improve the lives of others in Dauphin County.
We are recruiting for Direct Support Professionals (Direct Care Workers) for our Adult Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD) Community Home Services.
At CSG, Direct Support Professionals (DSPs) develop relationships with individuals with an intellectual and/or developmental disability in their homes, communities, work settings, or other environments, in order to promote their emotional, physical and personal well-being. In this role, DSPs help individuals reach their goals to be more independent by offering guidance, instruction, and role modeling. DSPs actively search for opportunities for individuals to experience life in their homes and communities as others without disabilities do. DSPs must be flexible, creative and committed to those in our services.
DSPs are the Heart and Soul of our IDD Services!
To be successful in these positions you will need to be assertive and pro-active, as well as be able to provide a stable and safe environment for the individual we support. The ability to work with a wide range of behaviors with patience and confidence while assisting the individual to live a self-directed life is required.
Since 1972, CSG has aspired to help people reach their highest potential through effective, efficient and innovative Intellectual and Developmental Disability (IDD/ASD) and Mental Health (MH) Services. Our team of professionals focuses on our Core Values of Dignity, Diversity, Responsibility, Integrity and Excellence while providing person-centered, community based services. As one of the largest human services agencies in PA, CSG strives to be the provider and employer of choice. At CSG, you will get to make a difference everyday while gaining the skills and opportunities you deserve. Use your creativity and compassion to assist others to experience life to its fullest!
Hourly Rate: $14.00 per hour (Hourly rates may vary by services offered, location, or if it is an awake or asleep position.)
Community Home Services (Group Homes):
- Shifts: 2nd & 3rd including weekend hours
- Schedules: Full-Time, Part-Time & PRN (Flexible)
- Locations: Hershey & Harrisburg, PA
(Schedule availability will vary by location and service.)
CSG offers our team members:
- Industry competitive compensation.
- Medical, Dental, Prescription & Life Insurance (Available for employees, spouses and domestic partners who qualify). Vision Insurance (Available for employees who qualify).
- Up to 4 weeks of Paid Time Off (PTO) based on weekly scheduled hours & Other Paid Leave.
- Career Advancement, Paid Training & Transfer Program.
- 401K (Up to 4% company match), Flexible Spending Accounts & Credit Union Membership.
- Travel Reimbursement, Wellness Initiatives, Employee Assistance Programs, Tuition Assistance & more!
Insurance & Benefits availability will vary based on position and schedule.
Core Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensures individuals' health, safety and welfare, enhances the quality of individuals' lives, and supports community inclusion.
- Participates in the development and implementation of each individual's Support Plan.
- Provides supervision as determined in the individuals' support plans.
- Participates in the implementing of all program plans designed to enhance the individual's social, emotional, cognitive, physical, and independent living skills.
- Assists individuals in the development of appropriate behavioral, social, money management, housekeeping, hygiene, and other skills necessary to reach their highest level of potential.
- Adheres to Department of Public Welfare Regulatory requirements.
- Administers medication and treatment as permitted under regulations
- Completes and updates all daily, weekly and monthly records, reports, logs, casework notes, administrative paperwork, fiscal reports, and medical records in an accurate, timely, and professional manner.
- Collaborates and cooperates with involved agencies, family members, and other service providers; participates in meetings and provides relevant information.
- Transports individuals in personal and/or company vehicle for community outings or scheduled appointments.
- Responsible for individual's work related personal and financial transactions.
- Works independently with minimal supervision in field location assignments.
- Ensures that the worksite is safe, comfortable, well maintained, and free from hazards.
- Provides coverage in emergency situations.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Supervises and/or completes all duties and responsibilities in the daily operation of the residence in the 24 hour daily operation of the home.
- Conducts fire drills and manages emergency situations during assigned work shift.
- Encourages individuals to follow all dietary guidelines as recommended by medical professionals.
- Must be 18 or older.
- 1 year of paid experience working with individuals with an ASD diagnosis is preferred but not required.
- Must be able to work flexible hours to meet individual's and program's needs.
- Must have a valid driver's license, good driving record, and access to a reliable vehicle to attend trainings, meetings, and/or transport individual to appointments.
- Must be able to travel to trainings/meetings upon request of program director.
- Must be able to drive passenger vans if applicable.
- Must be able to accompany individuals into the community and provide support and assistance in interactions in the community while maintaining sensitivity to the rights and dignity of the individual.
- Must have the ability to obtain clearances as defined by regulations.
Apply today to Join our Team!
A World of Career Opportunities Awaits You at CSG! Together, We Can Do Great Things!
Community Services Group is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer supporting Workforce Diversity.