Certified Orthotic Fitter
Requirements and Responsibilities:
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION:
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- Certified ABC or BOC Orthotic Fitter or ATC required.
- Current CPR or BLS required or the ability to obtain before working independently with patients.
- Must possess excellent communication skills, including daily interaction with patients and collaboration with physicians, management/leadership and other organizational personnel.
- Must have proficient computer skills including but not limited to Microsoft Outlook and Electronic Medical Record Experience.
- Independent judgment necessary to work in accordance with department practices and general directives received by Supervisors.
- Must have the ability to work independently and utilize time management, prioritization and multi-tasking skills.
- Must show flexibility in altering schedule to accommodate departmental needs as necessary
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assumes responsibility and accountability for care provided and tasks assigned.
- Educates patients and measures and properly fits various orthoses.
- Performs final fitting of custom orthotics only under the supervision of the certified orthoses.
- Performs necessary patient documentation and patient log sheets to aid in precertification and accurate claim processing.
- Communicates significant clinical issues, consistent with the organizational policies, procedures, guidelines and mission, to Supervisor.
- Manages patient assignments effectively.
- Maintains confidentiality regarding patients and all aspects of care.
- Participates in educational activities, unit meetings and quality initiatives.
- Attends and actively participates in regular staff meetings.
- Provides accurate and time appropriate patient report to healthcare providers caring for or assuming care of the patient.
- Accurately completes all documentation and/or reports within the shift of occurrence and immediately communicates critical incidents to the supervisor.
- Documents in the medical record in a clear, accurate and detailed manner.
- Follows, maintains and promotes safety and infection control standards.
- Consistently adheres to all policies, procedures and all federal and state regulations.
- Demonstrates an awareness of patient safety and proper body mechanics when moving patients or equipment.
- Assumes responsibility for own personal continuing education and developmental needs.
- Aids in Clinical Staff education of off-the-shelf devices.
- Other duties as assigned.
How to Apply:
- To view and apply for our job opportunities, please go to our website osshealth.com and select - Join our Team!
- please go to our website osshealth.com and select - Careers