If you would like to work in a positive environment and use your talents and experience to make a difference in the lives of seniors, we'd like to hear from you! Working with us, you will be part of a dynamic and talented team dedicated to the highest standards of excellence and quality of care. You’ll also be supported by an industry leading organization that is committed to quality services and treating people with dignity and respect.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE HAS:
- A passion for helping seniors
- A desire to contribute to a positive atmosphere in the community for residents, family & friends, and all team members.
Memory Care Activities Assistant
Must have previous experience working with memory care residents.
FT Position. Every other weekend and occasional evenings.
Assists the Activities Director in the respectful provision of active and passive, group and individual activities which enhance the mental, physical, spiritual and social needs of residents and allows residents to continue playing an active role in society.
- Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities: The ability to assist in the development and implementation of activities required. The ability to create interest in the activities and motivate residents to participate daily is required. * Creativity and motivational skills necessary. The ability to communicate effectively in English both orally and in writing is essential. Requires frequent bending, stretching, stooping and lifting.
- Education: A high school diploma or GED is preferred.
- Experience: Previous experience in the recreational therapy or related field preferred. Gerontology experience preferred.
- Certificates/ Licenses: A valid driver’s license in the state of work is required with no more than two moving violations in a three year period as determined by our insurance broker.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
The responsibilities of the Activities Assistant include but are not limited to the following:
- Perform all duties and responsibilities with a positive attitude.
- Assist in the Planning, developing, organizing, and implementation of all residence activities.
- Develop suggestions and ideas for improving and expanding the Activities Program.
- Establish and maintains good community relations and contacts with the community.
- Assist in arranging transportation and escorts for residents to and from outside and community activities.
- Assist in the recording and maintenance of activity participation records.
- Assist with maintaining and expanding Volunteer Programs.
- Assist residents with maintaining and operating the residence store.
- Assist with maintaining adequate supplies per department budget.
- Assist residents to and from activities.
- Assist with monthly newsletter and/or weekly calendar.
- Attend required in-service training sessions and orientations.
- Responds to resident’s needs.