3rd Shift LPN – Part Time
Autumn House East
Responsibilities and Duties
- Supervises an assigned nursing area and assigns work to personal care aides and med techs as appropriate. Provides instruction and direction in methods and techniques of nursing and resident care. Ensures that care, comfort and well being of the resident are attained in accordance with established policies and procedures.
- Assist with the assessments & RASP (Resident Assessment Support Plan) process. Also assists with admissions and discharges.
- Assist residents in completing basic functions to include but not limited to: bathing, grooming, physical/oral hygiene, shaving, and hair grooming/shampooing, dressing, and assist residents at mealtimes. Assist and supervise residents with medications.
- Receive verbal orders from physicians including lab work, x-rays, halter monitor requests, etc. Provide follow up with appropriate documentation. Verify medication orders with physician upon resident admission or discharge from hospital. Assist with resident health assessments. Supervise and assist residents with medications, including insulin injections and blood sugar checks.
- Administers physician ordered pharmacological agents, therapeutic treatment and hypodermic injections. Observes, interprets, records and reports resident’s response. Completes al necessary documentation.
- Ensures that resident support plans, charts and treatment schedules are followed by staff. Processes admission and discharges of residents.
- Assists physicians/CRNPs with rounds as needed. Provides information/updates to nursing staff, supervisors, administration, physicians, and other disciplines as appropriate to coordinate continuity of care.
- Orders and receives medications, treatment supplies, resident care supplies, and nursing station supplies for an assigned area as needed.
- Assists with hands on resident care as necessary including answering call bells, bathing, shampooing, dressing, nail care, meal service, bed making, and vital signs. Being present in the dining room during meal times.
- Assist in orientation of new LPNs, Med Techs, and PCA’s.
- Maintains a high degree of safety awareness and infection control practices.
- Performs other duties as directed by the Administrator or Resident Care Manager.
- Current PA Licensure as a Licensed Practical Nurse
- Current CPR and First Aid Certification
- One(1) year experience supervising nursing staff
- Basic computer skills for assessment data entry and medication administration
- Demonstrated knowledge of the principles and practices of supervision and of resident care management.
- Ability to maintain a therapeutic attitude toward an effective relationship with residents.
- Ability to instruct staff, assigns work, evaluate performance, and prepare reports.
- Ability to lift, bend, stoop, push, pull or transport residents, supplies or furniture up to 75 pounds; may ask for assistance if needed.
- PTO (Paid Time Off) - for part time employees!
- 401K - for part time employees!
- Holiday Pay - part time and full time employees!
- This opportunity may grow into a full time opportunity for interested individuals!