Equity and Inclusion Community Planner
The Equity and Inclusion Community Planner is responsible for leading the development and implementation of a countywide community plan that promotes equity, diversity, and inclusion in policies, programs and practices. This plan is intended to be adopted as an element of the York County Comprehensive Plan thereby making it County policy. In addition, this individual will develop and facilitate strategies and actions necessary to advance diversity and inclusion across York County and monitor the progress of initiatives.
- Provide a summary of organizations and employers within the community that are addressing equity, diversity, and inclusion thorough internal and community programs as well as a summary of recent efforts and outcomes.
- Compile information on race, ethnicity and poverty on a countywide basis, as well as in housing, educational attainment, income, and employment. Present the information through a variety of media including thematic mapping, photos, and personal stories as well as traditional graphs and charts to provide context to the data and statistics.
- Collaborate with community organizations, citizen groups, employers and municipal governments to develop a plan that utilizes best practices to promote equity, diversity, and inclusion in our communities.
- Develop, strengthen, and maintain community partnerships with external constituents in the community in support of inclusion and diversity to help implement the countywide plan.
- Utilize services and partnerships to support achievement of goals including external consultants, agencies, media, etc.
- Develop metrics for measuring the effectiveness of diversity initiatives implemented.
- Conduct periodic reviews to measure success of diversity and inclusion programs and activities; Prepare and present reports.
- The Planner reports to the Chief of the Long Range Planning Division.
Bachelor’s Degree required, Master’s Degree preferred. Candidates will be considered with a major in planning, social justice, public administration, or a related area with 3-5 years of experience in community engagement, advancing diversity equity and inclusion in a community or large organization, or diversity and inclusion policy development and implementation. An equivalent combination of formal education, training and experience may be considered. Conversational Spanish and experience in a public agency are strongly preferred.
Skills and Abilities:
- Computer literacy in Microsoft Office products including desktop publishing
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Public speaking and presentation skills
- Meeting facilitation skills
- Ability to gather, consolidate and analyze information and conduct basic statistical analyses
- Ability to understand, be sensitive to, and respect diverse, socio-economic, ethnic, religious and cultural backgrounds, disability and sexual orientation;
- Ability to maintain tact and discretion in challenging situations and interactions with the public.
Interested candidates should present a letter of interest and resume by 4:00 pm on August 25, 2020 to:
Felicia Dell, Director
York County Planning Commission
28 East Market Street
York, PA 17401
Error: There is no connected account for the user 2898015464 Feed will not update.