District Court Clerk - Alternate schedule 2nd shift
Responsible for imparting Administrative Office of Pennsylvania Courts policies and procedures at the District Court level to the public sector in areas of criminal, civil, motor vehicle matters and Pennsylvania Supreme Court rules.
- Exercise responsible independent judgment in monitoring and tracking computer printouts, accurately recording and issuing warrants, subpoenas, hearing notices, continuances, summary convictions, suspension orders, court-ordered payment agreements and other documents. Ability to recognize possible errors in complaint form/citations, etc.; bringing to attention of the Office Manager.
- Receive payments, issue and maintain proper records of all receipts by computer entry. Balance daily money receipts for bank deposits.
- Bookkeeping duties including processing monthly reports, disbursing monies to State, County and Municipal offices; disbursement of restitution and refunds; issue payments to constables, etc.
- Coordinate and schedule arraignments, preliminary hearings and trials involving the District Judge, police departments, the District Attorney, the Public Defender, private attorneys and all others involved in a case. Prepare and issue required documents to assure attendance of all parties.
- Understanding of and ability to apply Pennsylvania Crimes Code, Vehicle Code, Civil Procedures, Criminal Procedures, Landlord/Tenant Act as required.
- Interact, correspond and communicate effectively and professionally with the public and various other agencies to include: AOPC, police departments, municipal offices, prisons, emergency centers, attorneys' offices, District Attorney's Office, Public Defender's Office, Clerk of Courts, Prothonotary, Sheriff's Office, Court Administrator's Office, other County offices, Adult and Juvenile Probation, PennDOT, bail bondsmen and media.
- Resolution of problems involving the public or other agencies.
- Prepare old cases for archives and destruction.
- All other duties as assigned by the Office Manager
- $14.86 Hourly
- Website www.yorkcountypa.gov
- Human Resources 717-771-9099