Chief Opportunity Officer
- Position Summary
This position is responsible for development and leadership of the County of York’s diversity, equity and inclusion program. In addition, this individual will develop, perform and coordinate county-wide training initiatives to ensure the development of a highly skilled workforce and facilitate the communication of County philosophies, policies and procedures.
- Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Leads the implementation of a County-wide strategic plan to create a culture of diversity, equity and inclusion.
- Collaborates with the Human Resources Workforce Development Division to create comprehensive diversity recruitment and retention plans that address advertising, networking, recruitment outreach activities, and other techniques for increasing and retaining diverse qualified candidates.
- Interacts with all County departments to enhance existing programs and develop new programs that encourage active engagement in activities that demonstrate the County’s commitment to diversity and inclusion.
- Develops, strengthens, and maintains community partnerships with external constituents in the community in support of inclusion and diversity. Participates in community groups and events as a representative of the Commissioners.
- Gathers, researches and analyzes data for use in statistical calculations and reporting in order to meet federal requirements (EEO-4 and Equal Employment Opportunity Plan), including creating workforce analysis reports and makes recommendations for action. Prepares and presents reports as designated by Executive Management Team.
- Conducts training needs analysis by obtaining information from County Elected Officials, Department Directors and Supervisors in regard to gaps in employee performance in comparison to work standards.
- Designs and develops training programs, or makes changes or updates existing training programs as needed; consults with subject matter experts (both internal and external) to design training; determines training objectives and methods of instruction; develops power point presentations, course outlines, handouts and agendas.
- Maintains ongoing trainings on County policies and regulations (e.g., new hire employee orientation, Diversity and Inclusion, Workplace Violence and Sexual Harassment).
- Coordinates and conducts training sessions for County managers and employees on various topics, such as performance management, leadership skills, supervisory skills, communication skills, time/priority management, customer service, and process improvement.
- Evaluates the effectiveness of training programs; develops survey forms, distributes and obtains survey forms to and from training participants; reviews completed survey forms and feedback from training participants; and summarizes input or feedback.
- Essential Requirements
Bachelor’s Degree in business or related area with three (3) to five (5) years of experience in Human Resources, Diversity and Inclusion policy development and implementation and/or training. Equivalent combination of formal education, training and experience may be considered. Bilingual skills are preferred.