Adult Probation Work Crew Supervisor – Part-Time
This is a part time, as needed, position involving supervision of Adults participating in the Adult Probation Work Crew Program. Work responsibilities will include providing positive role modeling, supervising Adults performing community service tasks, maintaining equipment and writing summaries at the end of shift. This position involves a significant amount of interaction with Adults on probation, the general public and community agencies. An employee in this position will be utilized to fill crew shifts that are unable to be covered by the Work Crew Coordinator.
- The Adult Probation Work Crew Program operates Tuesdays and Thursdays 4:30pm-8:30pm and Saturday and Sunday mornings, 7:30am-1:00pm.An employee in this position will be called on an as needed basis to fill any open crew shift that cannot be supervised by the Work Crew Coordinator.Employee will remain within the yearly maximum definition of a part time employee.
- Adult Probation Crew Shift Leader demonstrates good work ethics by working alongside of the Adults, by modeling a positive attitude and by doing quality work.
- Adult Probation Crew Shift Leader is responsible for transporting the Adult crew to and from the designated worksite.
- Adult Probation Crew Shift Leader writes a daily shift summary regarding status of project completion and behavior/attitude of Adults on crew.
- Adult Probation Crew Shift Leader must obtain the Pennsylvania Child Abuse History Clearance, Pennsylvania State Police Criminal Record Clearance, FBI Clearance through the Department of Human Services.Adult Probation Crew Shift Leader will possess a valid Pennsylvania Driver's License and maintain an acceptable driving history.
- Adult Probation Crew Shift Leader will safely operate a multi-passenger vehicle.
- Adult Probation Crew Shift Leader will notify the Work Crew Coordinator when equipment needs repaired or replaced, in addition to being responsible to maintain and track crew equipment.
- Adult Probation Crew Shift Leader will notify the Work Crew Coordinator of any problems with the crew van.
- Adult Probation Crew Shift Leader will inspect the crew van inside and out at the beginning and end of every shift to ensure cleanliness and report any damage.
- Adult Probation Crew Shift Leader will be involved in such projects as the John Rudy Park Garden Project, painting projects, general clean up, etc.Adult Probation Crew Shift Leader will display the ability to interact with individuals of various social, economic, and ethnic backgrounds and establish positive relations with offenders, office personnel, and the public.
- Adult Probation Crew Shift leader will possess the ability to convey clear and concise oral instructions.
- Adult Probation Crew Shift Leader will properly assess and react to any medical emergency.
- Must be at least 18 years old.
- Must have a High School Diploma or GED.
- Pennsylvania Child Abuse History Clearance
- Pennsylvania State Police Criminal Record Clearance
- FBI Clearance issued by the Department of Human Services
- Valid Pennsylvania Driver's License and acceptable driving history
- $12.00 Hourly
- Website www.yorkcountypa.gov
- Human Resources 717-771-9099