Restaurant Host Part Time
Hollywood Casino at Penn National Race Course
Your daily responsibilities include
- Greets guests with a warm verbal greeting and eye contact per Hollywood Casino's Red Carpet Customer Service training and provide prompt seating.
- Establish rapport with guests and thank them for their patronage in order to assist in reaching profitability, guest satisfaction, workforce strength and compliance goals.
- Greet and verbally acknowledge each guest and escort to seat promptly.
- Maintain communication with servers and inform them when a table in their section has been seated.
- Responsible for answering telephones and taking reservations if necessary.
- Verify reservation if required, before seating guests.
- Advise guests of waiting time and recommends beverage outlets.
- Responsible for seating guests according to established rotation procedure, distribute menus, and explain daily features.
- Knowledge of all daily specials and featured menu items and their preparation.
- Handle any guest complaints and resolves them quickly and courteously.
- Attendance at any pre-shift meetings.
- Maintain communication with kitchen regarding "86 board" and availability of featured items.
- Complete knowledge of all menu items and how each item is prepared.
- Knowledge of and strict adherence to PLCB and RG standards and RAMP.
- General knowledge of operations at HCPN in order to answer guest inquiries regarding racing, slots, wagering, etc.
- Collect payment and complete transactions through efficient use of POS system when needed to assist servers.
- Keep work area neat and clean in accordance with all PA Department of Health standards.
- Participate as a team member with all servers, barbacks and any other casino personnel to ensure efficient operations.
To be successful in this position it will require the following skill set
- We will provide any necessary training for this position.
- Must have the ability to read, write and speak English.
- Must have the ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from guests and regulatory agencies.
- Must have the ability to read and interpret documents, such as safety rules.
- Must have the ability to present information and respond to questions from employees and guests.
- Must have the ability to perform basic math skills.
- Must have the ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of situations.
- Basic computer knowledge.
- Must qualify for a license with the Pennsylvania State Racing Commission and meet any credentialing requirements of the Pennsylvania Gaming Control Board.
- Must be able to obtain proper food handler certification and RAMP certification.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Walking 55% of the time.
- Standing 45% of the time.