If you would like to work in a positive environment and use your talents and experience to make a difference in the lives of seniors, we'd like to hear from you! Working with us, you will be part of a dynamic and talented team dedicated to the highest standards of excellence and quality of care. You’ll also be supported by an industry leading organization that is committed to quality services and treating people with dignity and respect.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE HAS:
- A passion for helping seniors
- A desire to contribute to a positive atmosphere in the community for residents, family & friends, and all team members.
Must have successfully completed the Food Service Sanitation Course sponsored by the National Education Foundation of the National Restaurant Association. Must be of good moral character and must not have physical or emotional problems that would interfere with normal daily functioning and the provision of Food Service services. Assists in the purchasing and ordering of food, supplies and equipment. Assists in the planning and preparation of meals. Also assists in preparation of special meals, party menus and special event menus. Treats all staff, residents, and visitors respectfully.
- Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities: Must be knowledgeable in all aspects of food preparation and kitchen operation. The ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing is essential. Requires frequent lifting, bending, stretching and stooping.
- Education: Requires a high school diploma or GED. Successful completion of a reputable course in food preparation is preferred. A degree in culinary arts and management is ideal.
- Experience: Requires a minimum of two years experience in the food service field.
- Certificates/ Licenses: Current certificates and/or licenses as required by Federal/State/Local agencies. Serve Safe Certificate, Heimlich and CPR.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
The responsibilities of the Cook include but are not limited to the following:
- Maintaining high standards of food preparation to ensure top quality, nutritious meals served attractively.
- Adhering to written menu offering variety and alternatives as well as catering to special dietary requirements.
- Supervising all kitchen personnel and scheduling their work duties in the absence of the Food Service Director.
- Checking the supplies for food preparation and serving.
- Being familiar with therapeutic diets and relaying changes to kitchen personnel as necessary.
- Maintaining high standards of sanitation and safety.
- Shall ensure all dishes, pots, pans and other kitchen utensils are clean prior to storage.
- Perform spot checks of dishes, pots, pans and other kitchen utensils after washed to monitor cleanliness.
- Checking and recording temperature of refrigerators and freezers storage of all deliveries.
- Maintaining temperature logs and reporting concerns.
- Monitoring cleanliness of both the dining room and country kitchen areas.
- Assist with food and refreshments for special events/holiday parties.
- Work with Food Service Director and nursing staff to communicate changing dietary needs of residents.
- Conducts and/or attends required in-service training sessions and orientations.