PRN Juvenile Crew Supervisor
County of York
- This is a part time position involving supervision of juveniles participating in the Juvenile Probation Work Crew Program. Work responsibilities will include providing positive role modeling, supervising juveniles performing community service tasks, maintaining equipment and writing summaries at the end of shift. This position involves a significant amount of interaction with juveniles on probation, the general public and community agencies.
- The Juvenile Probation Work Crew Program operates Monday through Thursday 4:30pm-8:30pm and Saturday and every other Sunday mornings, 8:30am-1:00pm.(evenings might fluctuate as needed) .In addition, an employee in this position may be called upon to cover an open crew shift that cannot be supervised by the Work Crew Coordinator or additional Part-Time Probation Crew Shift Leader. Employee will remain within the yearly maximum definition of a part time employee.
- Juvenile Probation Crew Shift Leader demonstrates good work ethics by working alongside of the juveniles, by modeling a positive attitude and by doing quality work.
- Juvenile Probation Crew Shift Leader is responsible for transporting the juvenile crew to and from the designated worksite.
- writes a daily shift summary regarding status of project completion and behavior/attitude of juveniles on crew.
- must obtain the Pennsylvania Child Abuse History Clearance, Pennsylvania State Police Criminal Record Clearance, FBI Clearance through the Department of Human Services.
- will possess a valid Pennsylvania Driver's License and maintain an acceptable driving history.
- will safely operate a multi-passenger vehicle.
- will notify the Work Crew Coordinator when equipment needs repaired or replaced, in addition to being responsible to maintain and track crew equipment.
- will notify the Work Crew Coordinator of any problems with the crew van.
- will inspect the crew van inside and out at the beginning and end of every shift to ensure cleanliness and report any damage.
- will be involved in such projects as the John Rudy Park Garden Project, painting projects, general clean up, etc.
- will display the ability to interact with individuals of various social, economic, and ethnic backgrounds and establish positive relations with offenders, office personnel, and the public.
- will possess the ability to convey clear and concise oral instructions.
- will become CPR certified and be able to properly assess and react to any medical emergency.
- will cross train with the Adult Probation Work Crew Program. An employee in this position will be readily available to cover an Adult Probation Work Crew Shift on an as needed basis.
- Must be at least 18 years old.
- Must have a High School Diploma or GED.
- Pennsylvania Child Abuse History Clearance.
- Pennsylvania State Police Criminal Record Clearance.
- FBI Clearance issued by the Department of Human Services.
- Valid Pennsylvania Driver's License and acceptable driving history.
- $12.00 Hourly
- Website www.yorkcountypa.gov
- Human Resources 717-771-9099