911 Training/ QA Manager
The Training/QA Manager establishes and performs complex and challenging work to coordinate, plan, implement and oversee the E911 Training and Quality Assurance (QA) departments for The County of York’s E911 Communications Center. The Training/QA Manager is responsible for effective leadership and supervision of the QA department staff, Training Supervisors and Certified Training Officers. The Training/QA Manager will work effectively with subordinates to establish and update E911 Center goals, policies, and procedures by working in conjunction with the Training Supervisors and Shift Supervisors. The Training/QA Manager will work effectively with subordinates to establish and maintain standards for the Training and Development program as well as Quality Assurance programs for the E911 Communications Center. This position facilitates key learning processes and provides a framework for continuous improvement of the overall Training and Quality Assurance operation of the E911 Communications Center.
The work for this position involves multiple priorities, complex and numerous tasks and deadlines. The position requires transparent and consistent communication across the organizational boundaries. The Training/QA Manager must perform competent decision making in fast-paced, multi-task situations which will directly impact the services, systems and reputation of the communication center.
Responsibilities and Requirements:
- Must possess a high school diploma or GED equivalent. Requires a minimum of 3 years’ supervisory experience in a training environment and a minimum of 2 years’ experience in a Quality Assurance driven position or, 5 years of active Certified Training Officer (CTO) experience, and/or a 2-year degree within the Field of Communications. Candidates with a combination of education and experience, which indicates knowledge, skills and abilities as listed may be considered for this position.
- Must obtain and maintain CLEAN, CPR (Trainer), ETC (Trainer), PEMA and EMD certifications and other protocols when adopted by County of York E911, within a time frame designated by the employer.
- Must serve as a role model for the staff by exhibiting knowledge, skills and abilities of a senior dispatcher.
- Must maintain competent, up-to-date working skills in the event the employee must work a dispatch position.
- Sound knowledge of all emergency service agencies, communications consoles, radio receivers, transmitters, encoders, decoders, telephone equipment, recording equipment, MDC system, departmental e-mail, and any other equipment required in a modern public safety communications center.
- Must be able to handle confidential information, disclosure of which is protected by law.
- Must be able to perform work that involves multiple priorities, complex and numerous tasks, deadlines while maintaining transparent and consistent communication across the organizational boundaries, limited resources, with little if any precedent or guidelines.
- Exhibit strong teamwork skills and must process co-workers input, both positive and negative, in a professional manner.
- Employee must be able to adapt to an ever-changing work environment and must be able to talk out differences and express opinions with the staff.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and able to create power points.
- Must be able to extract reports and proficiently use CPE, CAD, Recorder, PA Star, SEVAN, EAS and other data sources as required.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret complex documents; ability to respond to questions, concerns, or complaints effectively.
- The incumbent must pass a County background check
- Depends on Qualifications
- Website www.yorkcountypa.gov
- Human Resources 717-771-9099
Error: There is no connected account for the user 2898015464 Feed will not update.