Sr. Mechanical Repair
Will lead all mechanical troubleshooting and repairs to keep equipment running and minimize downtime while supporting all other members of the maintenance group with any other repairs, projects, etc. deemed necessary by the department manager.
Essential Job Functions:
- Lead mechanical troubleshooting and repairs
- Proficient at identifying and repairing air leaks, water leaks, glue leaks, oil leaks
- Proficient at identifying and repairing steam leaks
- Proficient at troubleshooting and repairing pumps and pump systems
- Proficient at working on pneumatic and hydraulic systems
- Proficient at troubleshooting, repairing, and replacing cylinders
- Proficient at working with a variety of mechanical hardware (various sizes/threads/etc.)
- Proficient at fabricating / repairing damaged, bent, and broken parts using various methods (welding, fastening, machining, etc.)
- Assist with mechanical PM as needed
- Proficient at disassembling and reassembling various racking, equipment, etc.
- Proficient at working with bushings, bearings, locking collars, sprockets, chains, drive belts, pulleys, tensioners, miscellaneous belts and lacers
- Proficient at understanding and applying tolerances / square / parallel
- Proficient at leading the setup and rigging for roll changes and larger repairs
- Proficient at reading schematics and mechanical prints
- Proficient at understanding normal machine function and operation to quickly and accurately diagnose problem and then decide on best course of action to repair
- Basic electrical troubleshooting and repairs
- High School Diploma/GED preferred
- A minimum of 8 years’ industrial electrical experience
- A valid, current driver’s license preferred
- Good verbal and written communication skills with ability to communicate effectively with contractors, service techs (onsite/phone support), and fellow employees
- Understands various aspects of an industrial facility including structural, electrical, plumbing systems, etc.
- Ability to work additional hours and weekends as necessary to meet business plan objectives
- Must be willing to attend various trainings to improve plant operations / skill sets
Assortment of hand and small power tools, , hammer drills and concrete equipment, lathe, mill, drill, band saw, welders, hydraulic presses, computer, basic office equipment, tow motor, etc.